• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waukesha Gun Show

xd40arff

Is anyone attending the Bob and Rocco show this weekend? I plan on going to get some AR parts. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can OC there or not?

BROKENSPROKET

I'm not 100% sure but there was a thread about this a year ago and they wouldn't let you carry it loaded. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here ya go. According to BROKENSPROKET as long as you leave it in the holster you should be okay.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?72132-OC-at-Bob-amp-Rocco-show&highlight=Rocco+show

The very last one I went to, Bob's buddy demanded he zip tie it. I tried the 'you didn't last time' thing, but it didin't work.

xd40arff

So I guess its kind of a crap shoot. I tried searching the past posts, but with OCDO being up and down the last two days it has kind of been a pain. I might just go with my empty holster, not sure if I feel like any hassles that early in the morning. Thanks for the info guys.

phred

When I worked the B&R show at Rothschild Cedar Creek ( Nov. 5,6,7), open carry guns were zip tied just as Brokensprocket posted earlier. Empty chamber, empty magazine/cylinder, and zipped!

BROKENSPROKET

So I guess its kind of a crap shoot. I tried searching the past posts, but with OCDO being up and down the last two days it has kind of been a pain. I might just go with my empty holster, not sure if I feel like any hassles that early in the morning. Thanks for the info guys.

Don't go MT holster. Let them zip tie it. Make sure its tight. Keep you mag in a mag holder of back left pocket. If ya need it, just rack the slide to break the zip tie.

Shorin21

Isn't the Waukesha Gun Show held in a public building?

what does public building have to do with anything....it only states government buildings. if we couldnt carry in a "public" building we wouldnt be able to carry any where or am i missing something??? help??

Last edited:

protias

what does public building have to do with anything....it only states government buildings. if we couldnt carry in a "public" building we wouldnt be able to carry any where or am i missing something??? help??

See my signature regarding state statutes and case laws:

Public meaning owned by the government.

Last edited:

oak1971

It's owned by Waukesha County.

protias

ah my apologies protias. i was confused thanks for the clarifiaction and yes it is owned by the county.....
Not a problem my friend. I'm glad to help when I can. Believe it or not, but there are members here who do know more than me (ok, so it isn't that hard to believe :p).

comp45acp

See my signature regarding state statutes and case laws:

Public meaning owned by the government.

Everyone that goes there with a firearm, unloaded or not, is going there "armed". They must have permission from the sheriff to have gun shows because people are bringing guns into the building. The law makes no distinction as to loaded or unloaded. Again, I have carried there on a number of occasions, been seen by police officers while carrying and never had a problem.

oak1971

I didn't go. It's always the same vendors at every Bob and Rocco show, been to one and you've been to them all.