Thread: No need to carry on a bus

No need to carry on a bus

Sheriff Sue Rahr says that the busses are safe.

Rahr said, flat out, riding the bus is safe.
    http://tinyurl.com/24q3qoz

I'm glad that the busses are now safe. I'm glad they've done nothing and made the busses more people friendly. I know that the disabled elderly man who went through jaw surgery and the pregnant girl who was attacked by 5 people will be happy to know that they can now ride the bus without fear.

This is just getting stupid. I know they can't be there every time something happens, but they know which route it happens on most. Maybe they should place an undercover on there like the marshals ride the planes. It may deter this kind of activity if the cowards know that they could go to jail or be injured if they try anything.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Why all of a sudden are the buses safe?!? Since when?!? One of my customers is a Metro bus driver and you should hear some of the tales he has told me. And they (the bus drivers) are not allowed to carry any weapons. What about Berreta Lady"s incident? That started on a bus, IIRC. And the metro bus driver that was shot and killed on a bridge in Seattle here a couple of years ago. Yeah, they sure are safe!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I met a Pierce transit bus driver who admitted to carrying his firearm. We were at a transit center and he was on break. I had my firearm with me, and it started up a nice topic.
    Last edited by Aaron1124; 12-17-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Armed bus drivers is what we need.

Also, more armed law abiding citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post

Agree fully as to being armed and prepared, in this video I find the assault does not reach the level of deadly force versus the threat to others in such close quarters, how about the rest of you?
    Last edited by BigDave; 12-18-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Agree fully as to being armed and prepared, in this video I find the assault does not reach the level of deadly force versus the threat to others in such close quarters, how about the rest of you?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Live Free or Die!

^^^^WHAT HE SAID!!!!^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Gotta agree with you on this one. From the video I can't see any way to deploy a firearm, even a defensive display, in that mob of people. Along with armed drivers and deputies on board, Metro just plain needs MORE BUSSES! A 60 foot coach back to the gills like that? And from what I see every day that's a normal occurrence. That in and of its self is a huge safety issue, even if there was a bloody swat team on that bus I don't know how they could have done anything in that shove of people.

And once again, DRIVER = EPIC FAIL! That driver should have stopped the bus and been on the horn long before people had to start screaming "STOP THE BUS!"
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Love the political way she plays with numbers.

"This incident is not representative of what happens to those 111 million people every year who ride the bus. I really believe this was an isolated incident," she said.

So more than 16 times the population of our state ride the one metro system?

Lets put this back into perspective, a small amount of the population regularly ride the buses repeatedly. Which means these poor folks are more likely to encounter asshats like these and are more likely to need a means of self defense. Just ask our own BerretaLady.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Normally, no. But when a pregnant woman is the victim, I'd very much say it would justify deadly force. It doesn't take much to kill an unborn child.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Normally, no. But when a pregnant woman is the victim, I'd very much say it would justify deadly force. It doesn't take much to kill an unborn child.
    I understand the concern for the unborn child but we also must be aware of any other innocent victims in such close quarters.
    The use of Deadly Force other then with a gun, I agree.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

While this was a terrible incident. I as well, feel there would have been no reason to use a firearm even for defensive display here.

Now.. A beefy taser on the hand..

Anyway.. Just too many people around on this bus.

People like Sheriff Rahr play the numbers game. Statistics. Since "Metro" has 1300 "buses" in their system. If only one or two people are attacked on a bus in a given period of time, the "percentage" of incidents versus number of riders, over 100 million per year, is so small it doesn't even make a full "point" on a chart.

Of course to those who were attacked and injured the "percentage" might be closer to 100%.

As I viewed the video, I think this would be a great place for that OC spray that is more like "snot" than spray. A couple of "globs of painful goo" in the face of the attacking girls might be a good start.. With the gel type there would be less chance of contaminating the air of the bus and causing problems with other riders.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    While this was a terrible incident. I as well, feel there would have been no reason to use a firearm even for defensive display here.

Now.. A beefy taser on the hand..

Anyway.. Just too many people around on this bus.

The only thing I disagree with your post about is the reason part of it. DF would DEFINITELY be justified according to our states laws.

That being said there is no way to EFFECTIVELY deploy a firearm in that THRONG of people. There is just not enough room to safely and effectively operate the firearm.

Heck I bet even Chuck Norris and the Dos Equis man TOGETHER would have had a hard time doing anything in that throng of people.
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    The only thing I disagree with your post about is the reason part of it. DF would DEFINITELY be justified according to our states laws.

That being said there is no way to EFFECTIVELY deploy a firearm in that THRONG of people. There is just not enough room to safely and effectively operate the firearm.

Heck I bet even Chuck Norris and the Dos Equis man TOGETHER would have had a hard time doing anything in that throng of people.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    What would constitute "the right group of passengers?"

Quote Originally Posted by petrophase View Post
    What would constitute "the right group of passengers?"
    My "ideal group" might not be the same as others. Mine would be drawn more along the lines of their "drain" on society rather than purely racial or ethnic ones.

Instead of posting "COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATION", why not just remove the comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Instead of posting "COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATION", why not just remove the comments?
    ... whats up with all the moderating all of a sudden?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Why do folks have to turn things into a "race" thing?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Why do folks have to turn things into a "race" thing?
    Becuz the whole point of a race is to win! And people like winning!!!!

ANYWAYS, I finally hit this thread and I am damn curious to what those comments said. the ones removed by the old mighty mod. I am damn curious.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    Becuz the whole point of a race is to win! And people like winning!!!!

ANYWAYS, I finally hit this thread and I am damn curious to what those comments said. the ones removed by the old mighty mod. I am damn curious.
    Me too that note just made me want to know more, no matter how ....baaaaad. LOL

I watched the footage of the pregnant girl. If my partner was pregnant and I was standing there, there would be some a$$-kicking dished out, in defense of her of course. I would not have just sat there as on observer, I would have intervened (PERIOD!).
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...