• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need to carry on a bus

xxx.jakk.xxx

I'm glad that the busses are now safe. I'm glad they've done nothing and made the busses more people friendly. I know that the disabled elderly man who went through jaw surgery and the pregnant girl who was attacked by 5 people will be happy to know that they can now ride the bus without fear.

This is just getting stupid. I know they can't be there every time something happens, but they know which route it happens on most. Maybe they should place an undercover on there like the marshals ride the planes. It may deter this kind of activity if the cowards know that they could go to jail or be injured if they try anything.

Ruby

Why all of a sudden are the buses safe?!? Since when?!? One of my customers is a Metro bus driver and you should hear some of the tales he has told me. And they (the bus drivers) are not allowed to carry any weapons. What about Berreta Lady"s incident? That started on a bus, IIRC. And the metro bus driver that was shot and killed on a bridge in Seattle here a couple of years ago. Yeah, they sure are safe!

Aaron1124

I met a Pierce transit bus driver who admitted to carrying his firearm. We were at a transit center and he was on break. I had my firearm with me, and it started up a nice topic.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Armed bus drivers is what we need.

Also, more armed law abiding citizens.

Agree fully as to being armed and prepared, in this video I find the assault does not reach the level of deadly force versus the threat to others in such close quarters, how about the rest of you?

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Armed bus drivers is what we need.

Also, more armed law abiding citizens.

^^^^WHAT HE SAID!!!!^^^^

Agree fully as to being armed and prepared, in this video I find the assault does not reach the level of deadly force versus the threat to others in such close quarters, how about the rest of you?

Gotta agree with you on this one. From the video I can't see any way to deploy a firearm, even a defensive display, in that mob of people. Along with armed drivers and deputies on board, Metro just plain needs MORE BUSSES! A 60 foot coach back to the gills like that? And from what I see every day that's a normal occurrence. That in and of its self is a huge safety issue, even if there was a bloody swat team on that bus I don't know how they could have done anything in that shove of people.

And once again, DRIVER = EPIC FAIL! That driver should have stopped the bus and been on the horn long before people had to start screaming "STOP THE BUS!"

sudden valley gunner

Love the political way she plays with numbers.

"This incident is not representative of what happens to those 111 million people every year who ride the bus. I really believe this was an isolated incident," she said.

So more than 16 times the population of our state ride the one metro system? :banghead:

Lets put this back into perspective, a small amount of the population regularly ride the buses repeatedly. Which means these poor folks are more likely to encounter asshats like these and are more likely to need a means of self defense. Just ask our own BerretaLady.

.45ACPaddy

Normally, no. But when a pregnant woman is the victim, I'd very much say it would justify deadly force. It doesn't take much to kill an unborn child.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Normally, no. But when a pregnant woman is the victim, I'd very much say it would justify deadly force. It doesn't take much to kill an unborn child.

I understand the concern for the unborn child but we also must be aware of any other innocent victims in such close quarters.
The use of Deadly Force other then with a gun, I agree.

VW_Factor

While this was a terrible incident. I as well, feel there would have been no reason to use a firearm even for defensive display here.

Now.. A beefy taser on the hand..

Anyway.. Just too many people around on this bus.

amlevin

People like Sheriff Rahr play the numbers game. Statistics. Since "Metro" has 1300 "buses" in their system. If only one or two people are attacked on a bus in a given period of time, the "percentage" of incidents versus number of riders, over 100 million per year, is so small it doesn't even make a full "point" on a chart.

Of course to those who were attacked and injured the "percentage" might be closer to 100%.

As I viewed the video, I think this would be a great place for that OC spray that is more like "snot" than spray. A couple of "globs of painful goo" in the face of the attacking girls might be a good start.. With the gel type there would be less chance of contaminating the air of the bus and causing problems with other riders.

devildoc5

While this was a terrible incident. I as well, feel there would have been no reason to use a firearm even for defensive display here.

Now.. A beefy taser on the hand..

Anyway.. Just too many people around on this bus.

The only thing I disagree with your post about is the reason part of it. DF would DEFINITELY be justified according to our states laws.

That being said there is no way to EFFECTIVELY deploy a firearm in that THRONG of people. There is just not enough room to safely and effectively operate the firearm.

Heck I bet even Chuck Norris and the Dos Equis man TOGETHER would have had a hard time doing anything in that throng of people.

amlevin

The only thing I disagree with your post about is the reason part of it. DF would DEFINITELY be justified according to our states laws.

That being said there is no way to EFFECTIVELY deploy a firearm in that THRONG of people. There is just not enough room to safely and effectively operate the firearm.

Heck I bet even Chuck Norris and the Dos Equis man TOGETHER would have had a hard time doing anything in that throng of people.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

blackmarine

What would constitute "the right group of passengers?"

Third world savages. Which is pretty much the only people the ride those things.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

BTW . . . If the races had been reversed, this would have been, and still would be the biggest news story of the year.

Bottom line is this. Even if someone would have been OCing on that bus, most people are cowards when it comes to confronting blacks. So nothing would have happened anyway.