Thread: Huntington Woods Tuesday December 21, 2010

Huntington Woods Tuesday December 21, 2010

Unfortunately the same date as Taylor. However we must gather attendance to this as well.

Hunting Woods Library 8:00 p.m.

Hunting Woods has a proposal on the agenda to send to the state that reads:

Firearms Prohibition: Matter of urging the Michigan State Legislature to allow local units of government to
    prohibit the carrying of weapons in public festivals and events.

Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Unfortunately the same date as Taylor. However we must gather attendance to this as well.

Hunting Woods Library 8:00 p.m.

Hunting Woods has a proposal on the agenda to send to the state that reads:

Firearms Prohibition: Matter of urging the Michigan State Legislature to allow local units of government to
    prohibit the carrying of weapons in public festivals and events.

Agenda
    I'll put it on my calendar and try to make it. You going to be there?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    You going to be there?
    Unfortunately due to major back surgery that day I will not be in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Unfortunately due to major back surgery that day I will not be in attendance.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anyone else planning to be there?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anyone else planning to be there?
    If Taylor ends by 8:00 I'll jet across town & be there by 8:30pm

Ill be there tuesday do you know where i can get something to eat in the area. Im also dealing with the PPD here saying because i carry on my right its concealed because the cant see it from the left.

Quote Originally Posted by army74 View Post
    . Im also dealing with the PPD here saying because i carry on my right its concealed because the cant see it from the left.
    yeah, they're full of it. Carry a riffle into their station. They'll see it from all directions

Angry

yeah, they're full of it. Carry a riffle into their station. They'll see it from all directions
    I'm down with a long gun carry protest at Pontiac PD. Just say the word Army74. WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS to even utter such gibberish! It is my hope that this is a lack of training on the part of a couple of officers and not them acting on orders from their superiors? Good lord, the OAKLAND Co. Sheriffs can't take over soon enough in my honest opinion! Until they learn the law may I suggest, carrying two pistols one on each side, that way they can always see one.....WTF?

Question

Left a message with MOC treasurer that I'll go to either one as long as I can get a ride(can't drive after 7pm yet).
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I'm down with a long gun carry protest at Pontiac PD.
    I think it's just some individual PPD officer(s) trying to see if they can get a rise. I OC in Pontiac quite often. I've never been arrested and neither has Army, that I'm aware of, for OC. With our multiple visits to city council, I'm sure Pontiac city leaders (council) and PD are well aware of OC and know not to f*** with law-abiders lest negative publicity and lawsuits descend upon them.

Like I said, I think this is just a case of some officer(s) spouting at the mouth, and as long as they are not detaining or arresting folks in Pontiac there's not a legal or civil-rights problem. Is there a problem with lack of professionalism in this? Yes. But we're talking about PPD. Is lack of professionalism really a surprise?

But, I wholeheartedly support you, my brothers, in exercising your right to peaceful protest, with whatever legal accoutrements you desire. Heck, I'm close so I would probably join in (probably OC'ing a handgun, though)!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    If Taylor ends by 8:00 I'll jet across town & be there by 8:30pm
    May I hitch a ride with you
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Smile You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Control View Post
    May I hitch a ride with you
    Of course you may Sir.

i am game for a pontiac council meeting, but isn't the OCSD takeing over the PPD going to fix the issue? i know some of there LE's will be drawn into OCSD but they will have to be trained into the new system and OC i am fairly certain will be brought up. and since glock and master are riding together hows about you 2 scoop me up also??
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Question What happened?

Taylor's meeting ran long. What went on? Did we have people there?

Thanks for any info - G9OS

There were 6 of us there at the meeting. 3 of us spoke on the issue, including myself. The city commissioners and mayor welcomed us and were very respectful, even though they disagreed on the issue. They thanked us for coming to the meeting and even engaged in questions with us. Much different from other City Commission Meetings I have been to.

They voted unanimously to approve the resolution.