• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.357 or no contact order?

Beretta92FSLady

I just read(e) this article...I wonder if the woman missed and hit the other woman or there was over-penetration because she was so close to the perp.

Good shot though. The perp won't be chocking women anymore.

Ruby

I just read(e) this article...I wonder if the woman missed and hit the other woman or there was over-penetration because she was so close to the perp.

Good shot though. The perp won't be chocking women anymore.

He won't be doing anything anymore, thank God. In this day and age, protective orders are a joke, especially with someone like this. Glad the 17 year old had the prescence of mind to pick up the gun and use it!

squisher

.357 > Protective Order

Protective order is good, get your paperwork ducks in a row, but in the end:

.357 > Legal paperwork.

Like it said in the article, the ex boyfriend ultimately chose his own fate.

SFCRetired

In my lifetime, I've had to deal with quite a few women who had abusive husbands/boyfriends. I've told every single one of them the same thing; get the means to defend yourself and use it.

I've heard the "But I love him/he loves me" BS a million times. No, he doesn't love you if he is willing to hurt you. If you don't act to stop him, you will wind up another statistic and he will go on to abuse someone else.

I will also tell you that, if he will hit a woman, he ain't no man.

Kudos to the young mother for defending her aunt (and most probably herself and her baby) from this waste of skin. I hope she can move on past it.