View Poll Results: Which would you rather carry?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • A spare magazine

5 45.45%
  • A backup gun, but with less rounds

6 54.55%

Thread: Can't decide...

Can't decide...

I recently picked up a pocket pistol (Kel-Tec PF-9), and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what I want to do with it. I typically use it as my CC gun when I'm dodging in and out of PFZ's and need something small to leave in the truck where I can't legally carry, and throw in my pocket after.

I'm trying to figure out now what I should do with it when I also have my EDC with me. I typically carry my spare magazine where I'd put my PF-9; and I can't comfortably conceal my PF-9 as a BUG AND carry my spare. While I do understand I could simply get a magazine holder and solve this problem, I don't want to add even more weight to my belt.

Ultimately, my question is, when carrying my EDC (Glock 23), in your opinion, should I carry my spare magazine (giving me +13 more rounds of .40S&W) or a BUG giving me +8 rounds of 9mm? At a glance I'd say a spare magazine, however having a second concealed BUG also seems enticing. What say you?
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

I vote for the BUG. If you had a failure with your primary you have the backup. If you have a spare mag and have a failure you have a spare mag you can't use.

That's what I was thinking too.

The only negative that I can blatantly see is that if I get stopped for OC, I'm, by law, required to automatically disclose and produce ID. I like my ID, I don't like it being fondled.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned
    What ^^ he said.

I carry my backup in front of my EDC mag carrier crossdraw. I also carry spare mags for the backup.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Why does the BUG have to be concealed? You could just get a left handed holster or if you wanted to get fancy you could have a LH holster made for the PF-9 + spare mag for the Glock. You could also carry the BUG in a different location like the ankle.

Personally I usually carry either a BUG or a spare mag for the primary.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Where's the option for both?

ankle holster, or deep conceal is another option.