• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stolen gun 12/17/10 - Virginia Beach

NovaCop

I wouldn't worry about this point too much. In fact, not at all.

The only way "another gun in criminal hands" has any rhetorical value is because of people who do not or will not own a gun for self-defense. If everybody had guns, nobody would care about another one in criminal hands.

Separately, "gun on the street" is an anti-gunner phrase. Its designed to be completely vague while also sounding alarming. The vagueness helps keep you from spotting its lie. Anti-gunner scare tactic. I have never, ever seen a gun on a street. They're not lying around in the gutters. They are always in somebody's holster, hand, pocket, or waistband.

And, while guns are out there in criminal hands, the number of bad guys with guns is far outweighed by good guys with guns. So, its not like there are all that many "guns on the street" even in the anti-gunners intended message.

So, I try to avoid using that anti-gunner phrase in order to deny it validity from repeated use. Besides, no sense letting the idiot opposition control the debate by using their language.

Reading this over makes me chuckle, to see you attempt to mitigate handguns getting into criminal hands. So... a person breaks into a car (criminal) and steals a handgun (felony) and runs off = criminal felon now armed with a loaded handgun, and you want to portray them as being a normal citizen that is looking for defense? HAHAHAHAHA. Obviously this is a criminal that is prone to committing crimes, including felonies. Now they are armed with a loaded firearm aka lethal force they can use against innocent citizens.

If you used your head, you would realize that criminals like this are the reason why the VCDL should be supported. You should condemn criminals having guns and encourage legal citizens from protecting themselves from armed criminals. It's completely astonishing that you believe that since "criminals already have so many guns, another one doesn't matter" stance. It's obvious that not all people should be allowed to have guns in our society, no matter what smoke and mirrors you attempt to portray. I guess I'm not surprised considering who is the poster.

I'm about to start a pay pal collection to get you some education Mr. Citizen.

Last edited: