Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: AB 962 California Ammunition Restrictions Feb 01 2011

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran EXTREMEOPS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Escondido CA
    Posts
    248

    AB 962 California Ammunition Restrictions Feb 01 2011

    I thought that this matter had been resolved obviously not ......
    damn Arnold Schwarzenegger !!! Does this restrict the reloaders out there to?

    California Ammunition Restrictions

    Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
    Date: Nov. 30, 2010

    On Oct. 11, 2009, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed Assembly Bill 962, legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California, and will prohibit California residents from buying handgun ammunition through catalog and Internet vendors.

    AB 962 will become law statewide Feb. 1, 2011.

    In addition to banning catalog and Internet sales of handgun ammunition, AB 962 will:
    Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale, or the display of handgun ammunition in a manner that allows it to be accessible without assistance of an employee.
    Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or tranferor being provided bona fide evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.


    That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:
    The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
    The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
    the purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
    The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.


    We appreciate the support of our many valuable California shooting-sports customers over the years, and regret that we will no longer be able to provide them with handgun ammunition through catalog or Internet sales after Jan. 21, 2011.
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

    - General George S. Patton, Jr.

  2. #2
    Regular Member CenTex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,,
    Posts
    276
    Socialism is just another dirty word for totalitarianism.
    Last edited by CenTex; 12-22-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    The words of a tyrant: “I never entertain opposing opinions. I am always right.”

    Socialism is just another dirty word for totalitarianism.

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -Patrick Henry

  3. #3
    Regular Member RockerFor2A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, CA
    Posts
    145
    Geez. I better get my order in soon. I know what I want for Christmas now!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    This bill, set to take effect in Feb, has been "put on hold" by the courts.
    The NRA/CRPA, have a suit to stop this. They, along with the lawyers from the other side, have came to an agreement to table the bill until the court case is settled.

    will post link soon.

    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6083
    Last edited by Iopencarry; 12-19-2010 at 02:24 PM.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran EXTREMEOPS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Escondido CA
    Posts
    248

    Thanks for updated info

    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    This bill, set to take effect in Feb, has been "put on hold" by the courts.
    The NRA/CRPA, have a suit to stop this. They, along with the lawyers from the other side, have came to an agreement to table the bill until the court case is settled.

    will post link soon.

    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6083
    I saw that Cabelas are still acting on the AB962 bill informing CA ammo buyers that they cannot do business after 1/21/2010 due to the law going into effect . Maybe I'll inform them of their error
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

    - General George S. Patton, Jr.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    more then welcome,

    as for a nice call/letter to any supplier, I think it can't hurt.

  7. #7
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    245

    Lawsuit

    Anyone know what ever happened with the lawsuits challenging this?

    Edit: Never mind I found quite a bit with a google search, looks like we will find out some info mid-January.
    Last edited by Darkshadow62988; 12-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran EXTREMEOPS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Escondido CA
    Posts
    248

    Response from Cabelas

    Quote Originally Posted by EXTREMEOPS1 View Post
    I saw that Cabelas are still acting on the AB962 bill informing CA ammo buyers that they cannot do business after 1/21/2010 due to the law going into effect . Maybe I'll inform them of their error
    Hello *******

    Thank you for contacting Cabela's Product Information Department.

    I will pass along the information to our Internet and Legal departments. Hopefully the problem will be corrected very soon.

    Sincerely,


    Mitch B.
    Auto-Response 12/19/2010 09:58 PM
    Suggested solutions were displayed.
    Customer (***********) 12/19/2010 09:58 PM
    You are telling CA ammo buyers that you cannot do business with them after 1/21/2010 due to AB962 . This has been put on hold by the courts see Link below :-

    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6083

    Please advise your sales department as this needs addressing soonest

    Thanks

    ************
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

    - General George S. Patton, Jr.

  9. #9
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    This bill, set to take effect in Feb, has been "put on hold" by the courts.
    The NRA/CRPA, have a suit to stop this. They, along with the lawyers from the other side, have came to an agreement to table the bill until the court case is settled.

    will post link soon.

    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6083

    The linked article says nothing about anything being "put on hold." In fact, just the opposite. From what I can tell this thing is marching forward until a ruling is offered on or around Feb 1st. From the article...

    In light of the Court’s willingness to rapidly expedite this litigation and reach a final decision on the merits of Plaintiffs’ claims, Plaintiffs opted to withdraw their Motion for a Preliminary Injunction rather than protracting the litigation by arguing and requesting supplemental briefing on Plaintiffs’ irreparable harm claims. Plaintiffs' need for a preliminary injunction to issue were alleviated in many regards by assurances from both opposing counsel and the Court that this case will in fact be resolved prior to February 1st.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anywhere but here.
    Posts
    523
    So why don't the ammo manufacturers simply boycott Ca.? Don't sell the police or any govt agency ammo for violating the rights of residents.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

  11. #11
    Regular Member RockerFor2A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, CA
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by NRAMARINE View Post
    So why don't the ammo manufacturers simply boycott Ca.? Don't sell the police or any govt agency ammo for violating the rights of residents.
    Bad economy and give up large institutional sales/accounts?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California, USA
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerFor2A View Post
    Bad economy and give up large institutional sales/accounts?
    Worked for Barrett.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    The linked article says nothing about anything being "put on hold." In fact, just the opposite. From what I can tell this thing is marching forward until a ruling is offered on or around Feb 1st. From the article...
    Hello, I am one of the attorneys working on the NRA-CRPA Foundation lawsuit, Parker v. California, challenging all major provisions of AB 962. You are correct that implementation of the law is not "put not hold." The judge gave us an expedited hearing date, January 18, 2011, for the specific purpose of having the case resolved prior to Februrary 1, 2011. So, we will all know prior to February 1, 2011 whether AB 962 will be implemented or killed.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    SBrady@Michel&Associates

    Thank you, for your work and your update. I was told that it was, by the NRA, therefor, I must say that I was giving false information.
    As I am not a lawyer, I can only go by what is relaid to me. When it comes to legalize, I am lost.

    Again, Thank You.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    SBrady@Michel&Associates

    Thank you, for your work and your update. I was told that it was, by the NRA, therefor, I must say that I was giving false information.
    As I am not a lawyer, I can only go by what is relaid to me. When it comes to legalize, I am lost.

    Again, Thank You.
    Who in the NRA told you this?

  16. #16
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by SBrady@Michel&Associates View Post
    Hello, I am one of the attorneys working on the NRA-CRPA Foundation lawsuit, Parker v. California, challenging all major provisions of AB 962. You are correct that implementation of the law is not "put not hold." The judge gave us an expedited hearing date, January 18, 2011, for the specific purpose of having the case resolved prior to Februrary 1, 2011. So, we will all know prior to February 1, 2011 whether AB 962 will be implemented or killed.
    We have a "Brady" on our side?! In a deep Russian accent...Is this good...or bad? JJ

    Thanks for the post and welcome to OCDO. Care to read the "tea leaves" and give us any perspective on how you think this is going to work out?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    We have a "Brady" on our side?! In a deep Russian accent...Is this good...or bad? JJ

    Thanks for the post and welcome to OCDO. Care to read the "tea leaves" and give us any perspective on how you think this is going to work out?

    Yes, in my household the Bradys are pro-gun believe it or not. That is why I have been sent to salvage our surname. You may call it my own personal "campaign." (Laugh machine.) Thank you for the kind words.

    And though I feel very good about our case, I respectfully refuse to "read tea leaves," as I am not in the the habit of "counting chickens." The one thing I will point out is that the Honorable Judge Hamilton gave us an expedited hearing date prior to the law taking effect, which shows he is taking the case seriously and understands that the case needs to be resolved prior to February 1, 2011 for the sake of fairness to all involved. This is especially relevant in light of the fact that His Honor's schedule was being set out to December of 2011 for such hearings. Merry Christmas!

  18. #18
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by SBrady@Michel&Associates View Post
    Yes, in my household the Bradys are pro-gun believe it or not. That is why I have been sent to salvage our surname. You may call it my own personal "campaign." (Laugh machine.) Thank you for the kind words.

    And though I feel very good about our case, I respectfully refuse to "read tea leaves," as I am not in the the habit of "counting chickens." The one thing I will point out is that the Honorable Judge Hamilton gave us an expedited hearing date prior to the law taking effect, which shows he is taking the case seriously and understands that the case needs to be resolved prior to February 1, 2011 for the sake of fairness to all involved. This is especially relevant in light of the fact that His Honor's schedule was being set out to December of 2011 for such hearings. Merry Christmas!
    Well in that case, glad to know you're on our side. And I didn't think you'd read them tea leaves, but had to ask. I do agree that the Judge is taking the case seriously, but what concerned me about the news article was that this statement...

    The Court, noting that “time was of the essence” for Plaintiffs, ensured a ruling would either be made the date of the hearing or within a few days to ensure this case is resolved in its entirety prior to February 1st.


    Hopefully ruling on the date of the hearing isn't a case of just going through the motions of "justice." In other words, I hope his mind isn't already made up. I know scholarly esquires don't think in those terms, but us beaten down peasants do.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    Mr Peterson,
    I will handle the mis-information from my end. As I am sure it was an honest mistake on their part.

    Thank you,.
    Dale
    CCOC

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    For those that might doubt Mr Brady, before I replied to his post, I looked on their website, and emailed him there.
    He IS one of the lawyers working on this case.

    I would like to thank him for his time, and for clearing up this accidental mis information.
    Last edited by Iopencarry; 12-23-2010 at 08:20 AM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by SBrady@Michel&Associates View Post
    The one thing I will point out is that the Honorable Judge Hamilton gave us an expedited hearing date prior to the law taking effect, which shows he is taking the case seriously and understands that the case needs to be resolved prior to February 1, 2011 for the sake of fairness to all involved. This is especially relevant in light of the fact that His Honor's schedule was being set out to December of 2011 for such hearings. Merry Christmas!
    Are you required to pay such homage to the court when you're off the premises?

  22. #22
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    From reading the excerpt posted by the OP, it looks like ammo can only be bought from a store. That stinks.

    Here I was going to offer to receive & re-ship people's orders for them... er, um, accept gifts from friends in CA & then do what I choose with my property, without interference from the State.

    Shipping costs +$10 or something like that. Oh well, so much for free enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
    Are you required to pay such homage to the court when you're off the premises?
    No, but I always try to stay in the good habit of keeping decorum. You never know who may be listening. One thing that I always find off-putting is hearing attorneys talk to a judge like they are old drinking buddies.

    Merry Christmas to all!

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    and to think that people still ask me why I am moving OUT of COIMMIEfornia! Kentucky is looking better every damned day! I'll be there in March 2011, buying ammo like a FREE man in a FREE state!
    Last edited by gravedigger; 12-25-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •