Thread: Open Carry and Fishing Events on Sat Jan 8th 10am

Open Carry and Fishing Events on Sat Jan 8th 10am

Open Carry and Fishing Events on Sat Jan 8th 10am in Tampa, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Melbourne, St. Augustine, and Ft. Myers.
    http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-Carry/calendar/list/

The free "saltwater shoreline fishing license," does it have to be obtained in the county you're fishing in? Or any county issues, and good in any county?

My county of residence is landlocked, and very Democrat. They've refused to issue, citing that there is no saltwater here so they don't have/issue it.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    The free "saltwater shoreline fishing license," does it have to be obtained in the county you're fishing in? Or any county issues, and good in any county?

My county of residence is landlocked, and very Democrat. They've refused to issue, citing that there is no saltwater here so they don't have/issue it.
    Get it from Wal-Mart. Still free.

i'd like to come
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    i'd like to come
    All are welcome sir!

Pro ball, huh? Very nice. Wife's cousin several times removed was Warren Spahn, and my dad used to go high school with Joe Medwick. My uncle, Emil "Tiger" Nascak would have gone pro had it not been for WWII. He was an excellent shortstop.

http://www.winonachiefs.com/file/Emil%20Nascak.pdf

Can one OC Sterile at such an event?

Does the Fishing License require Proof of Residence? Only valid in conjunction with Photo ID (just like the CWP), etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Can one OC Sterile at such an event?

Does the Fishing License require Proof of Residence? Only valid in conjunction with Photo ID (just like the CWP), etc?
    379.354(2)(c)
    A positive form of identification is required when using a free license, a lifetime license, a 5-year license, or an authorization number issued under this chapter, or when otherwise required by a license or permit.
    But I see no penalty for not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    379.354(2)(c)
    But I see no penalty for not doing so.
    It could be argued that you would not be lawfully fishing though. I wouldn't want to be a test case.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    It could be argued that you would not be lawfully fishing though. I wouldn't want to be a test case.
    With a the free shoreline license, perhaps. I suppose one could pay the $17 and get the regular saltwater license.

I got the free one, guess it's 'paper please' even for the 'exceptions.'

On the up side, you guys can hate me in real life, too!

wait- so what kind of license do i need for saturday in tampa?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    wait- so what kind of license do i need for saturday in tampa?
    Saltwater. Shoreline license or better. The Saltwater Shoreline license is 50 cents to pickup at walmart.

Wal-mart told me it's free. It would be unlawful for Wal-mart to charge for a free license.

Even better

I plan to be there. It'll be too bad if the weather gets cold again and we have to wear jackets!!

ok- i am planning on coming. where are we meeting? i am trying to bring my dad and a friend. do i have to always have a fishing pole in my hand? and FYI- i don't have a fishing pole, so what kind should i get?

thankkkkkkkks

Because the Resident's Shoreline License requires, duh, proof of residency; sterile maybe?

There hasn't been problems with any Liberal Q Law types since all of these 'events' are pre-arranged and the LEOs are all notified, etc... If a guy just decided to go fishing OC one day not on the official schedule or in one of the pre-determined areas, wonder what would happen...

Count me in for Melbourne.

Pops talked me into springing for a full year non-resident license since I'm going to be here for a while (till late spring at least).

In boning up on FL statutes, it would seem that there is no requirement to produce accompanying ID as in the case of a CPL/CWP/Whatever you guys call it here.

Indeed the law declares that one must merely 'produce' said fishing license on demand, and makes no provision requiring one to surrender it for inspection.