• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry and Fishing Events on Sat Jan 8th 10am

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The free "saltwater shoreline fishing license," does it have to be obtained in the county you're fishing in? Or any county issues, and good in any county?

My county of residence is landlocked, and very Democrat. They've refused to issue, citing that there is no saltwater here so they don't have/issue it.

Rich7553

The free "saltwater shoreline fishing license," does it have to be obtained in the county you're fishing in? Or any county issues, and good in any county?

My county of residence is landlocked, and very Democrat. They've refused to issue, citing that there is no saltwater here so they don't have/issue it.

Get it from Wal-Mart. Still free.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Can one OC Sterile at such an event?

Does the Fishing License require Proof of Residence? Only valid in conjunction with Photo ID (just like the CWP), etc?

brboyer

Can one OC Sterile at such an event?

Does the Fishing License require Proof of Residence? Only valid in conjunction with Photo ID (just like the CWP), etc?

379.354(2)(c)
A positive form of identification is required when using a free license, a lifetime license, a 5-year license, or an authorization number issued under this chapter, or when otherwise required by a license or permit.

But I see no penalty for not doing so.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I got the free one, guess it's 'paper please' even for the 'exceptions.'

On the up side, you guys can hate me in real life, too!

Rich7553

Wal-mart told me it's free. It would be unlawful for Wal-mart to charge for a free license.

hammer6

ok- i am planning on coming. where are we meeting? i am trying to bring my dad and a friend. do i have to always have a fishing pole in my hand? and FYI- i don't have a fishing pole, so what kind should i get?

thankkkkkkkks

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Because the Resident's Shoreline License requires, duh, proof of residency; sterile maybe?

There hasn't been problems with any Liberal Q Law types since all of these 'events' are pre-arranged and the LEOs are all notified, etc... If a guy just decided to go fishing OC one day not on the official schedule or in one of the pre-determined areas, wonder what would happen...

Phssthpok

Count me in for Melbourne.

Pops talked me into springing for a full year non-resident license since I'm going to be here for a while (till late spring at least).

In boning up on FL statutes, it would seem that there is no requirement to produce accompanying ID as in the case of a CPL/CWP/Whatever you guys call it here.

Indeed the law declares that one must merely 'produce' said fishing license on demand, and makes no provision requiring one to surrender it for inspection.:p