• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rumor Has It...Pit Closing Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerme

Banned
Can't argue with that....

Thanks Doug I thought it brought a pretty good light to things.

So, you're both in then? some of us are more willing than able.

I have been there once
spent 250 round
left with 250 brass in ammogard cases.
I cleaned my target up and the scrap paper around it.
I have done my part
and i managed to do this on my own time while on a day off from a 45 hour work week
you are an employee of uncle sam basically, we pay him
he pays you.
you can handle a lil more than patrolling great lakes crossing, my advice is keep the
citizens and patrons at the mall safe from 5-7pm
and clean the pit from2-5
nice short 5 hour workday

not bad work considering i partially pay you.
Keep it up champ

Scott P

There's slobs at every pit. We've got no less than 6 different pits in one area and they are all filled with trash. Some of us police them and also clean them up. We've taken many truckloads of garbage out but I'll tell you it gets real old when you go back to find more crap left there. I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with these turds, they're going to ruin it for everyone. :banghead:

stainless1911

Banned
There are many physical things that I do that I shouldn't, because it needs to be done. Most daily things can be a challenge at times, for instance, just sitting on the reloading bench for a few minutes causes me great physical pain. My knees hurt when I drive, I often wake up to numb fingers, and some days I simply cannot breathe. I am not freeloading, but I am not lazy either.

stainless1911

Banned
Know a better place that someone can OC all the time, that you can come into contact with thousands of different people in a casual non threatening manner conducting normal daily activities; a place that allows easy conversation between people, and to do so year round with or without a CPL? In fact, we are even wanted down there. Its great exercise too. I have seen several OCers while I have been there, not including the Bass Pro educational opportunities that are there. If its so strange for me to promote OC there, why does MOC do it?

Beerme

Banned
Know a better place that someone can OC all the time, that you can come into contact with thousands of different people in a casual non threatening manner conducting normal daily activities; a place that allows easy conversation between people, and to do so year round with or without a CPL? In fact, we are even wanted down there. Its great exercise too. I have seen several OCers while I have been there, not including the Bass Pro educational opportunities that are there. If its so strange for me to promote OC there, why does MOC do it?

and hand out ammo to children.
cant forget that one.

Did not say it was strange of you to promote oc there, it is strange of you to spend hours a week walking around and then time cleaning the pit.

if you can do those activities you surely can get a actual job and get off our tax money.

that is the strange part.

stainless1911

Banned
The only time I gave ammo to a kid was my kid at the range. I don't know where the rumor came from, but Im 35 and dont really talk to teenagers.

Its not at all unusual for people to spend hours walking around at the mall. The mall itself actually promotes it, and many people do. In fact, they have a program at the mall for it, but I never really bothered.

And if I could work, I would, there is a difference. Its just that I enjoy being poor, not being able to buy my kid Christmas presents, not always having enough food, not being able to date or have nice things. Yes, this is a plan that must be adhered to at all costs.

Haman J.T.

and hand out ammo to children.
cant forget that one.

Did not say it was strange of you to promote oc there, it is strange of you to spend hours a week walking around and then time cleaning the pit.

if you can do those activities you surely can get a actual job and get off our tax money.

that is the strange part.
Obviously you have no pain.My wife and I know where he's at when it comes to pain,we're just lucky I was able to get my early retirement(three years at 60% wage) and full pension at 30 years,when I could no longer work the line at my plant.I've been payin taxes out of my wages for 39 years,so Stainless can use my taxes!And you can take your"Better than anyone here" judgements and attitude and GROW UP!Or SHUT UP! You're doing no good to OC or any other community by sitting in judgement on others lives! Tell us what YOU are doing for OUR RIGHTS and how YOU have reached perfection in Your Actions!

Beerme

Banned
Obviously you have no pain.My wife and I know where he's at when it comes to pain,we're just lucky I was able to get my early retirement(three years at 60% wage) and full pension at 30 years,when I could no longer work the line at my plant.I've been payin taxes out of my wages for 39 years,so Stainless can use my taxes!And you can take your"Better than anyone here" judgements and attitude and GROW UP!Or SHUT UP! You're doing no good to OC or any other community by sitting in judgement on others lives! Tell us what YOU are doing for OUR RIGHTS and how YOU have reached perfection in Your Actions!
I am ocing responsibly, not CCing in PFZ's, not getting harassed everytime I OC and promoting it at the same time.
I am also paying taxes and hate seeing people mooch off them, my brother was on disability for quite some time and it was painful for him to work, still is. but he got a job and is no longer collecting disability. his leg hurts him every day and he works through it so he can have a better life than getting paid by the taxpayers, because he did not like it.
if stainless really did not like sitting around, walking the mall and cleaning the pit up in his free time he could have found a job.
Think about it
walking around jobs,
wall mart greeter, janitor, retail security( which actually pays quite well and has good benefits) these are just a few of the jobs that he claims he cannot do while doing the main job duty on his own time.

If you feel that your tax money supporting that is a good thing then you are too far gone to realize what a product of the system is.
Am I better than some people?
most definitely, am I worse than some people?
ABSOLUTELY
I am not perfect and never claimed to be, but I work hard and so does my family, I hate to see our tax money go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.