Thread: Going to start OC

Going to start OC

i got my CCW the day i turned 21 had guns before then and use them before then but have rarely OCed. I m not a people person and like to stay away from them when possible,especailly liberals..., I want to get the word out that guns arent dangerous and not only gangsters carry them. any advice i can get would be great.

I would make sure that you dress the part. Clean cloths, Clean Shave, Nothing that looks geto or gangsta. That goes along way.

+1 on attire, man. I don't CC because I don't like to "dress to the gun" but here I do it anyway. I try to present a professional image any time I carry. Don't go overboard, though. Generally a polo or a plain shirt and jeans is what Ill wear. It certainly helps people relax if you look and act like an adult. Don't play with it, don't pose to show it off. Best advice I could possibly give would be to act as though your gun doesn't exist, and soon enough you will forget that it does -- except when its needed. If someone asks questions, be polite. When your telling them about the law get as close to verbatim as you possibly can with statutes and please, make sure you cite a reference. That will go farther than most think. If a police officer asks what you are doing and you quote a statue, hes far more likely to be more polite back. If you see another OCer, compliment them and then try to get together again sometime, we all need to stick together. Welcome on and have fun.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Thumbs up any advice i can get would be great.

I live in CONECTICUT which is a OPEN CARRY STATE and you can CONCEALED carry too. CT is not a CONCEALED LICENSE. but a STATE PERMIT to Carry Pistols and Revolvers. To give you a little good advise. check out CONECTICUT Stories From STATE Forum theres plenty of open carry advise and info. and CARRY ON!

Alex East Hartford CT

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    There are a few that open carry in the Cincinnati area. There are some CC guys that OC on occasion. And there are some CC guys that don't OC, but support OC.

Then there are the snobs that only CC and look down on those that OC.

I would suggest contacting some of those Cincinnati guys to learn the lay of the land, so the speak.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloutier View Post
    I would make sure that you dress the part. Clean cloths, Clean Shave, Nothing that looks geto or gangsta. That goes along way.
    Quote Originally Posted by afcarry View Post
    +1 on attire, man. I don't CC because I don't like to "dress to the gun" but here I do it anyway. I try to present a professional image any time I carry. Don't go overboard, though. Generally a polo or a plain shirt and jeans is what Ill wear. It certainly helps people relax if you look and act like an adult. Don't play with it, don't pose to show it off. Best advice I could possibly give would be to act as though your gun doesn't exist, and soon enough you will forget that it does -- except when its needed. If someone asks questions, be polite. When your telling them about the law get as close to verbatim as you possibly can with statutes and please, make sure you cite a reference. That will go farther than most think. If a police officer asks what you are doing and you quote a statue, hes far more likely to be more polite back. If you see another OCer, compliment them and then try to get together again sometime, we all need to stick together. Welcome on and have fun.
    good advice.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)