• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can the sheriff of the county add to the requirements for permit?

kcGlock19

Yeah im talking about a pistol purchase permit. NOT CCP. There is nothing saying i cant buy from a friend or individual in the NC laws. But the sheriff wont issue one to me.

NCjones

10) Please provide annual income _______________________and copy of W-2.

Because we Sheriffs suspect that poor people commit crimes!

I'm being sarcastic; don't get all riled and ask which county has this requirement. :)

Last edited:

hotrod08

10) Please provide annual income _______________________and copy of W-2.

Because we Sheriffs suspect that poor people commit crimes!

I'm being sarcastic; don't get all riled and ask which county has this requirement. :)

?

hotrod08

Just a little humor regarding the sheriffs right to add whatever he wants to the PPP requirements. Sorry I didn't spell it out for you.

I feel like you think I was ?ing which county had what requirement's, I wasn't.
I was only ?ing if a sheriff could add to the requirements already set in place in the NCGS.

I shared links to other counties to show they do not require some of the same things Lane Carter does.
(I am not saying he is a bad persons nor am I downing him downing him in anyway.)