Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Gun Sales Boom Still Going

Wisconsin Gun Sales Boom Still Going

Means more Wisconsin citizens with a vested interest in the Consitutional right to have firearms. Legislative discussion of Constitutional Carry should continue to drive sales. Notice that the Milwaukee and Madison media does not bother to report this kind of information. They continue to deny that gun ownership is imbedded in Wisconsin's culture.

http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/a...n-buyers-spike
    Last edited by Flipper; 12-18-2010 at 09:07 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I like to contribute to those sales #s when I can.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I just did.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I just did.
    Spill it. Make and model and pics of course.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Spill it. Make and model and pics of course.
    Springfield XD45, no thumb safety. I don't need it as my index finger controls if a round goes or not.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Springfield XD45, no thumb safety. I don't need it as my index finger controls if a round goes or not.
    Too bad when you go boating tomorrow you will lose it.

Great Choice!
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Too bad when you go boating tomorrow you will lose it.
    I sure hope I don't!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Great Choice!
    I know it is. I have...I mean, had, a 4" service and 4" compact model, before I lost them in a tragic boating accident.

Nice. Do you have a holster?

Nice. Do you have a holster?
    Thankfully, I was able to hold onto the holster as the rest of everything went to the bottom!

Thankfully, I was able to hold onto the holster as the rest of everything went to the bottom!
    Well it obviously isn't a retention holster then.

Well it obviously isn't a retention holster then.
    I never said the XD was in the holster did I? I merely said it was the only thing I was able to save.

Oh yeah
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Funny you mention this, I was looking at getting a .308 rifle, but not sure which one yet, thinking maybe the Remington 700 VTR, unless anyone has a recommendation for a long range rifle.

There's a nice SR-556 that's been tempting me on gunbroker too.
    Last edited by nevinsb; 12-19-2010 at 03:05 AM.

McX
    i dream of nekked underfolder Ak's. if i get some moola i hope to gt 5 or 6 or so of them. so, protias, when are you bringing my new gun over, you just recently bought for me?

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nevinsb View Post
    Funny you mention this, I was looking at getting a .308 rifle, but not sure which one yet, thinking maybe the Remington 700 VTR, unless anyone has a recommendation for a long range rifle.

Recommendation: Buy a cheap 700 for the action and then have it built exactly how you want with a quality barrel. For a couple hundred more bucks than new you'll have a way better gun that is setup to your specifications. That's what I do.

Depending on what you will be using iit for, look into the 6.5 calibers as well.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I contributed to sales around a month ago. XDm 9mm 3.8".
    I love it almost as much as my 1911.

I have, or rather had one before the boating accident. The VTR is a very nice rifle.

I was actually now looking at the Savage Varminter. I keep hearing good things out of the box about this rifle, and for some reason about how bad the R 700 action is from the factory? Either that, or they just expect too much from a out of the box rifle.

Usually we shoot at coins and golf balls at about 100 yards with .22s, but I think I want to put something together that I can use at the 300 (and the bullet doesn't hit the target sideways like my 10/22).

At the same time, I also think I want something semi-auto, but not like my M&P-15, so possibly a FAL? I'll just see what grabs my attention at the next gun show.

I wish these potential buyers would thrrow some business my way , I only sold 1 rifle this year ! Everybody want's but nobody want's to spend. I hpoing when we get cc business will pick up.
    (This is not an advertisement ,just stating a fact)
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

At the same time, I also think I want something semi-auto, but not like my M&P-15, so possibly a FAL? I'll just see what grabs my attention at the next gun show.

Skip the FAL unless you have deep pockets. Accuracy isnt the greatest and there is the metric/sae thing to watch for too.

A good AR10 is cheaper,more accurate and easier to work with.

Lr Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-19-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Don't forget those numbers for the last month don't really tell you how many firearms are actuality sold! I've had two checks last month but picked up four firearms . Black Friday was so busy NICS went down . I know I'm not the only one to buy multiple firearms on one check, seems to be pretty common when you have stuff sent to a dealer.

I was actually now looking at the Savage Varminter.
    I have a Savage 110FP in .308 and it's a tack driver.

A thumb safety

Although I agree that good finger control is the most important firearm safety device, there is a great reason to like the XD thumb safety. I believe that when engaged it locks the slide. A thumb operated slide lock will prevent the XD slide from moving and potentially being "out of battery" when drawn or holstered. I see that as a potentially worthwhile ability regardless of it's other safety functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
    A thumb operated slide lock will prevent the XD slide from moving and potentially being "out of battery" when drawn or holstered. I see that as a potentially worthwhile ability regardless of it's other safety functions.
    The grip safety does that. I'm not a fan and that is the only upside I can see to locking the slide. I'd still like to be able to clear the firearm with out depressing the grip safety and making the trigger active, especially with our backwards encased in motor vehicle laws. I think the manual safety was added to be considered for government sales as that was a requirement for bid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast