• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Gun Sales Boom Still Going

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Means more Wisconsin citizens with a vested interest in the Consitutional right to have firearms. Legislative discussion of Constitutional Carry should continue to drive sales. Notice that the Milwaukee and Madison media does not bother to report this kind of information. They continue to deny that gun ownership is imbedded in Wisconsin's culture.

http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/...kground-checks-for-potential-gun-buyers-spike

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Springfield XD45, no thumb safety. I don't need it as my index finger controls if a round goes or not. ;)

Oh yeah ;)
834f82f07a2e473c8f6c476b36d83ed8

nevinsb

Funny you mention this, I was looking at getting a .308 rifle, but not sure which one yet, thinking maybe the Remington 700 VTR, unless anyone has a recommendation for a long range rifle.

There's a nice SR-556 that's been tempting me on gunbroker too.

Last edited:
M

McX

i dream of nekked underfolder Ak's. if i get some moola i hope to gt 5 or 6 or so of them. so, protias, when are you bringing my new gun over, you just recently bought for me?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Funny you mention this, I was looking at getting a .308 rifle, but not sure which one yet, thinking maybe the Remington 700 VTR, unless anyone has a recommendation for a long range rifle.

Recommendation: Buy a cheap 700 for the action and then have it built exactly how you want with a quality barrel. For a couple hundred more bucks than new you'll have a way better gun that is setup to your specifications. That's what I do. :)

Depending on what you will be using iit for, look into the 6.5 calibers as well.

protias

I have, or rather had one before the boating accident. The VTR is a very nice rifle.

nevinsb

I was actually now looking at the Savage Varminter. I keep hearing good things out of the box about this rifle, and for some reason about how bad the R 700 action is from the factory? Either that, or they just expect too much from a out of the box rifle.

Usually we shoot at coins and golf balls at about 100 yards with .22s, but I think I want to put something together that I can use at the 300 (and the bullet doesn't hit the target sideways like my 10/22).

At the same time, I also think I want something semi-auto, but not like my M&P-15, so possibly a FAL? I'll just see what grabs my attention at the next gun show.

littlewolf

I wish these potential buyers would thrrow some business my way , I only sold 1 rifle this year ! Everybody want's but nobody want's to spend. I hpoing when we get cc business will pick up.
(This is not an advertisement ,just stating a fact)