• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC news crew chief surprised that real people open carry

NRAMARINE

Actually, MSNBC is not any more "liberal" than Fox or CNN. What they are is whores for whatever their owners/masters tell them to shell out.

When MSNBC started out in 1996, they had Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, and Tucker Carlson. MSNBC started out initially with Fox in their sights, with aspirations to become the top Conservative news outlet. They currently have Mika Brzezinski (Zbigniew's daughter), one of the biggest NWO mouthpieces in cable TV. When MSNBC realized that there was a LOT more advertizing money to be had from catering to a liberal demographic, they switched horses faster than Wild Bill Hickok in a Wild West Stampede. It's ALL about the Benjamins.

Journalism has NOTHING to do with truthful reportage, honest infomation gathering, or informing the public to the hitorical TRUTH of any given situation. It's all about advertizing dollars and the careful, directed manipulation of public opinion.

The slavemasters at the top of MSNBC will put out whatever "slant" they see fit, to propel the American Public into a future of "austerity", until their ultiate plan of worldwide Feifdom is accomplished.

Nothing that appears on a scripted show on MSNBC (or CNN or Fox) is real. Occasionally, on a live show, a guest will slip up and reveal some small tidbit of truth, but those gems are quickly flushed down the journalistic memory hole...

But calling MSNBC "liberal" is like calling a prostitute "friendly".
NOBODY on MSNBC actually believes the lies they are spewing. They are just doing whatever they are told to do by their slavemaster...

While I agree with most of this, allow me to point out a few HUGEissues. Rachell Maddow, ......"nuff said.

Fox news, liberal? Not so much, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck etc. While we agree on principal that journalism has lost it's way, you can't argue a particular viewpoint, or scew and twist things to your liking (Rachel Maddow) with such enthusiasm without at least leaning in that direction anyway.

OldCurlyWolf

While I agree with most of this, allow me to point out a few HUGEissues. Rachell Maddow, ......"nuff said.

Fox news, liberal? Not so much, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck etc. While we agree on principal that journalism has lost it's way, you can't argue a particular viewpoint, or scew and twist things to your liking (Rachel Maddow) with such enthusiasm without at least leaning in that direction anyway.

The main problem with your analogy is that Hannity, Beck, Huckberry, et. al. do not claim to be news/journalism.

eye95

Did you mean "Huckabee"? Using people's names to create derogatory terms is more what I expect from the emotional antis, not from rational advocates of Liberty.

Thanks for considering my opinion on this.

OldCurlyWolf

Did you mean "Huckabee"? Using people's names to create derogatory terms is more what I expect from the emotional antis, not from rational advocates of Liberty.

Thanks for considering my opinion on this.

You are correct in the name, not in your assumption. For some reason I did not correctly remember his name. I should have looked it up.

eye95

You are correct in the name, not in your assumption. For some reason I did not correctly remember his name. I should have looked it up.

My apologies. Too many folks (even some here) to make derogatory words out of the names of folks with whom they disagree. It disappoints me if someone I respect does it. You didn't. I am sorry that I thought you did.

Sonora Rebel

This reporter... or whatever he is, looks like a geek bed-wetter. Obviously prior clueless 'bout Arizona... or New Mexico if he heads in that direction. Yeah... people carry guns. Get over it.

OldCurlyWolf

My apologies. Too many folks (even some here) to make derogatory words out of the names of folks with whom they disagree. It disappoints me if someone I respect does it. You didn't. I am sorry that I thought you did.

We both made a small mistake. We both corrected those mistakes. That's life.

:cool:

Freedom First

Sadly that was me a few years back... I would have sworn that you had to have a license to OWN a gun, let alone CARRY it openly. Ignorance is dangerous. Glad I know now. Thanks for the link!

Sonora Rebel

Sadly that was me a few years back... I would have sworn that you had to have a license to OWN a gun, let alone CARRY it openly. Ignorance is dangerous. Glad I know now. Thanks for the link!

Sadly, you're not alone in this... even now as this anecdotal lie continues. I'm not calling it a misconception... it's an absolute, deliberate lie promulgated by the news media and even the entertainment industry. 'First thing the media will mention in any gun related story... Registration/License. We're all familiar with the local vaccuous Suzie Creemcheeze baleful intonements on camera... "It is unknown if the gun was registered... It is unknown if the gun was licensed... It is unknown if (insert name) will be charged..." Always the inference that the defender is the wrong-doer. Always sowing seeds of doubt. Always. They do this seemingly automatically... even tho certain state constitutions have recognized the right for longer than these talking heads have been alive. This can't be accidental.

Oh... and the public education system is equally culpable in encouraging this lie... by preparing the foundation for it. To what end? Fewer and fewer people who would defend the country by force of arms? More people who would depend on police protection (?) even tho 'Warren vs DC' cured that lie as well.

protias

I used to think this before I purchased my first gun. I thought the gun shops registered it for you, so I never thought about it. Turns out, most states do not do this (register guns that is)! :banana:

OldCurlyWolf

I used to think this before I purchased my first gun. I thought the gun shops registered it for you, so I never thought about it. Turns out, most states do not do this (register guns that is)! :banana:

You are aware who fosters this idea, aren't you?

It is Television and Hollywood. CA and NY have had registration laws since the last ice age.

Since most TV & movies are made in those two places(Or Canada) a gross piece of misinformation gets very widely spread.

:mad::banghead::cuss:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
When I first wanted to simply transport a gun I was amazed at the laws in place that specified exactly how it had to be done. When I went to buy one for the first time I was amazed at the number of restrictions and the paperwork required. I had been taught by my parents and my teachers the intents of the Founders with the US Constitution so it was amazing to me to see the infringements that were common place despite the direction of the Constitution that said infringements were not permissable.

protias

You are aware who fosters this idea, aren't you?

It is Television and Hollywood. CA and NY have had registration laws since the last ice age.

Since most TV & movies are made in those two places(Or Canada) a gross piece of misinformation gets very widely spread.

:mad::banghead::cuss:

Oh yes. I'm very aware of them now.

Phssthpok

Back on topic:

This *ahem*...rather attractive individual... is working just around the corner from a JAIL and the guy wants to know WHY she's packing?:uhoh:

Fallguy

I guess the obvious question is why is this considered a cultural difference? Have the masses been so brainwashed into surrendering their constitutional rights that AMERICAN CULTURE is now considered foreign to some? I don't want this to turn into a big argument, I'm just really trying to understand.

In general around the country I'd say No, except of CA and the North East and some larger cities here and there.

But if you were to believe the media NY and CA are the only two states where people live anyway....

NRAMARINE

In general around the country I'd say No, except of CA and the North East and some larger cities here and there.

But if you were to believe the media NY and CA are the only two states where people live anyway....

Really, the libs mostly think the MAJORITY of us who live in the fly by simply don't count.