• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF To Require Multie Sales Report

LR Yote 312

I realize this is a handgun forum but many of us use or have a rifle stashed in the house for home defense....and we all have a common enemy so to speak, the ATF. From the NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) website.
ATF wants FFL's to report multiple gun purchases.

http://www.nssfblog.com/atf-to-require-multiple-sales-reports-for-long-guns/

Specifically, the ATF requirement calls for firearms retailers to report multiple sales, or other dispositions, of two or more .22 caliber or larger semi-automatic rifles that are capable of accepting a detachable magazine and are purchased by the same individual within five consecutive business days.

Keep this in mind if your planning on buying an AR15 or even a 10/22

LR Yote

oak1971

God how I despise the ATF. This will stop no one from committing crime. All it does is open the door for even more restrictions on the law abiding.

:banghead:

anmut

That's why in WI you should buy your guns used. When the Chinese come to your neighbors door with the ATF paperwork for the guns in their house you'll be glad you did.

protias

Only one rifle/long gun? Man, I wish I had one. You see, I lost everything in a ice fishing accident today. :(

oak1971

Notice they are doing this by "agency rule," the same thing the DNR does on the state level to expand its gun control reach. Two ineffective agencies with bloated budgets that badly need to be either need to be reigned or downsized drastically.

http://rehberg.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=26&parentid=5&sectiontree=5,26&itemid=1580

That is how Obama (and W to a lesser extant) works, the Executive Branch has the ability to use any of the federal agencies under its auspices to rule by decree.

LR Yote 312

Yeah,but ya see who is doing the majority of the pushing ?

Bloomberg and his pet...MAIG.

Truth is they are omitting the word Illegal in Mayors Against Illegal Guns and
forgot to tell everyone and the reality is its Mayors Against Guns...all guns.

What they are creating is a Government sponsored shopping list.
They know who has what and where to get it by creating this registration list.

LR Yote

M

McX

kinda a stupid idea from the fed. criminals, and terrorists dont buy their guns at gun shops, plus all one has to do to defeat this is to space gun purchases out, or buy from class 3 dealers. rocket scientists strike again!

protias

kinda a stupid idea from the fed. criminals, and terrorists dont buy their guns at gun shops, plus all one has to do to defeat this is to space gun purchases out, or buy from class 3 dealers. rocket scientists strike again!

I know of only one store in SE WI that is FFL3, Shooter's Shop in West Allis. I do not know if there are any residents in the area that has a FFL3 or not.

littlewolf

The # of Firearms transfered is already reported in section D#30a on ATF 4473. make, mod, ser#, cal. The nics operator will ask for type and number of guns transfered. So why doesn't the ATF just ask the FBI ?

M

McX

homeland secuirty wants me to report anyone who gets an oil change, cause terrorists use foreign oil.