Thread: New OC Piece... how ironic lol

New OC Piece... how ironic lol

Sorry for the crappy pic, I took it with my phone.

By tat2ed_guy at 2010-12-18

Bling bling! How much did that set you back?

I like the look of two tone guns, but have never been into the gold accents. Stainless against black is always good looking to me.

Personally, the less a gun blings when I OC, the better, but that's just me.

Nice sidearm. I carry a 92fs and love it. I would like to nickel-plate mine two-tone.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post

Personally, the less a gun blings when I OC, the better, but that's just me.
    +1 on that. The less noticeable a firearm is when OC'ing the less chance of causing any concern. Clearly all the "enhancements" are designed to draw attention. Not for me. Might be fine for a "presentation piece" or some kind of trophy that is designed to be displayed but a good "working gun" is usually flat black or a dull blue. Same for holsters. Nothing fancy or attention getting. Of course if one is playing "dress up" for a party or barbecue (like in Texas) then go for it.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I traded my Remington 7600 30/06 for it. I havent had much of a chance to do any hunting so I really had no need for it. It is a little flashy but its also a good way to start on the topic for those that arent afraid that I dress up my sidearm to cause hate and discontent.

Thats funny.... I was raised in TX... Maybe its just in my nature. lol
    Last edited by tat2ed_guy; 12-19-2010 at 05:30 PM.

I think that if you want to dress it up, dress it up. Don't let any of these "a sidearm should be as discreet and 'normal-looking' as possible" people

BTW, what's up with the gun fashion police? I think we have touched on things like this before, generally, appearance. I have a few tattoos and there are a number of us that have some or a lot of tattoos, should we not wear sleeveless shirts? Dress your sidearm and self as you wish. Well, try to stay away from being decked-out in cammo, even if it's pink-cammo (what I prefer).
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 12-20-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    +1 on that. The less noticeable a firearm is when OC'ing the less chance of causing any concern. Clearly all the "enhancements" are designed to draw attention. Not for me. Might be fine for a "presentation piece" or some kind of trophy that is designed to be displayed but a good "working gun" is usually flat black or a dull blue. Same for holsters. Nothing fancy or attention getting. Of course if one is playing "dress up" for a party or barbecue (like in Texas) then go for it.
    If nobody notices when you OC, is it really OC?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I think that if you want to dress it up, dress it up. Don't let any of these "a sidearm should be as discreet and 'normal-looking' as possible" people

BTW, what's up with the gun fashion police? I think we have touched on things like this before, generally, appearance. I have a few tattoos and there are a number of us that have some or a lot of tattoos, should we not wear sleeveless shirts? Dress your sidearm and self as you wish. Well, try to stay away from being decked-out in cammo, even if it's pink-cammo (what I prefer).
    +1. I agree in the happy-medium stance. If you want to have a gun with gold accents, then have a gun with gold accents. From my experience, people that are going to make a fuss about a gun tend to have the mindset of "a gun is a gun is a gun".

I just made my first leather holster with a big shiny Texas star on it and I'm sure it stands out. But I like it and that's all that matters. I do think appearance is weighed heavily in the public's perception of open carriers, but as long as you look "normal" enough, then I don't see a problem. Wearing camos, a thigh rig, and a sleeveless Nascar shirt with tats all over your arm is probably too much.

And trying to blend in too much with the crowd may not be the best option either. I do want people to notice that: for one, I am a normal person...and two, that I'm carrying a gun. If they don't notice I'm carrying a gun then their bigoted stereotypes will never change. I'm not saying shove it in the person's face that you're carrying a gun, but if nobody notices it (including criminals), then's what's the point? Besides a faster draw-time, I don't see one.
    Last edited by skiingislife725; 12-20-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Nice piece. I'm not much for gold on a handgun myself, however I'm currently waiting for my 1911 to be refinished in bloomberg blue.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    One of my biggest regrets is that I sold my Belgium made Browning Hi-Power - brushed chrome, target sights and gold trigger n' hammer.

That was one sweet pistol.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

As we have mentioned before... be polite, be kind, be respectful and be professional with your endeavors regardless of what you look like....
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    As we have mentioned before... be polite, be kind, be respectful and be professional with your endeavors regardless of what you look like....
    Well we can't help what we look like.....lol.....but I agree, like I told a reporter who helped edit the essay I wrote over a year ago, she was anti gun but was turning around and wanting to get one, she really liked this pink AK but was afraid she would be made fun of for buying it for its looks.

I told her don't be fooled guys buy guns for their looks too, thats why all those evil looking "assault weapons" are so popular we like how they look.

Like Skiing said to an anti a gun is a gun....just get one and carry....hey Sarah maybe you can get together with him and sew some nice holster designes......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Well we can't help what we look like.....lol.....but I agree, like I told a reporter who helped edit the essay I wrote over a year ago, she was anti gun but was turning around and wanting to get one, she really liked this pink AK but was afraid she would be made fun of for buying it for its looks.

I told her don't be fooled guys buy guns for their looks too, thats why all those evil looking "assault weapons" are so popular we like how they look.

Like Skiing said to an anti a gun is a gun....just get one and carry....hey Sarah maybe you can get together with him and sew some nice holster designes......
    i am getting one of my AK's pink camo'd.

Thanks for reminding me, I am still working on sewing holster covers, seriously...I will have a good cover eventually. I am sewing a lot of pillows right now, trying to get something started. i am going to have to make holsters, then sew them with the fabric already on them...but would have hundreds of patterns. Fellas, your favorite football team?...done!

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    she really liked this pink AK but was afraid she would be made fun of for buying it for its looks.
    When I was married I was building my wife an AR since she didn't like shooting any of the various 30 cals that I had. I was terrified that she was going to want pink furniture since I told her she could have it any way she wanted. Thank fully she chose khaki. Otherwise I never would have been able to take it to the range myself.

With Bling like that...

Next you know, he'll want to have "beer" when he's OCing it in Condition 3.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Next you know, he'll want to have "beer" when he's OCing it in Condition 3.
    Sorry to disapoint you but not only do I not drink, but I carry in condition 1. I was only showing my new gun for discussion. If I had known that ignorance was going to poke his head in, I would have kept it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tat2ed_guy View Post
    Sorry to disapoint you but not only do I not drink, but I carry in condition 1. I was only showing my new gun for discussion. If I had known that ignorance was going to poke his head in, I would have kept it to myself.
    ....I think he was being sarcastic, I could be wrong though. Then again maybe your also being sarcastic now. Kinda hard to tell on an internet forum. Best not jump on people until they can explain themselves.

ETA. we need a smilie for sarcasm. Also, that's a great looking piece, congratz on the purchase.
    Last edited by kenshin; 12-21-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

I guess that could be the case, and if so then my apologies in advance.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    When I was married I was building my wife an AR since she didn't like shooting any of the various 30 cals that I had. I was terrified that she was going to want pink furniture since I told her she could have it any way she wanted. Thank fully she chose khaki. Otherwise I never would have been able to take it to the range myself.
    Ahhh come on you are man enough to shoot a pink gun.

But yea I hear ya. I'm glad my other half likes the looks of the evil black guns.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Nice sidearm. I carry a 92fs and love it. I would like to nickel-plate mine two-tone.
    That's a Taurus PT-92. They're nice, with the safety on the frame instead of the slide (where I think it should be).