• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC Piece... how ironic lol

tat2ed_guy

Sorry for the crappy pic, I took it with my phone.

securedownloadel.jpg

By tat2ed_guy at 2010-12-18

FMCDH

Bling bling! How much did that set you back?

I like the look of two tone guns, but have never been into the gold accents. Stainless against black is always good looking to me.

Personally, the less a gun blings when I OC, the better, but that's just me. :)

amlevin

Personally, the less a gun blings when I OC, the better, but that's just me. :)

+1 on that. The less noticeable a firearm is when OC'ing the less chance of causing any concern. Clearly all the "enhancements" are designed to draw attention. Not for me. Might be fine for a "presentation piece" or some kind of trophy that is designed to be displayed but a good "working gun" is usually flat black or a dull blue. Same for holsters. Nothing fancy or attention getting. Of course if one is playing "dress up" for a party or barbecue (like in Texas) then go for it.

tat2ed_guy

I traded my Remington 7600 30/06 for it. I havent had much of a chance to do any hunting so I really had no need for it. It is a little flashy but its also a good way to start on the topic for those that arent afraid that I dress up my sidearm to cause hate and discontent.

Thats funny.... I was raised in TX... Maybe its just in my nature. lol

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I think that if you want to dress it up, dress it up. Don't let any of these "a sidearm should be as discreet and 'normal-looking' as possible" people;)

BTW, what's up with the gun fashion police? I think we have touched on things like this before, generally, appearance. I have a few tattoos and there are a number of us that have some or a lot of tattoos, should we not wear sleeveless shirts? Dress your sidearm and self as you wish. Well, try to stay away from being decked-out in cammo, even if it's pink-cammo (what I prefer).

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
+1 on that. The less noticeable a firearm is when OC'ing the less chance of causing any concern. Clearly all the "enhancements" are designed to draw attention. Not for me. Might be fine for a "presentation piece" or some kind of trophy that is designed to be displayed but a good "working gun" is usually flat black or a dull blue. Same for holsters. Nothing fancy or attention getting. Of course if one is playing "dress up" for a party or barbecue (like in Texas) then go for it.

If nobody notices when you OC, is it really OC? :uhoh:

skiingislife725

I think that if you want to dress it up, dress it up. Don't let any of these "a sidearm should be as discreet and 'normal-looking' as possible" people;)

BTW, what's up with the gun fashion police? I think we have touched on things like this before, generally, appearance. I have a few tattoos and there are a number of us that have some or a lot of tattoos, should we not wear sleeveless shirts? Dress your sidearm and self as you wish. Well, try to stay away from being decked-out in cammo, even if it's pink-cammo (what I prefer).

+1. I agree in the happy-medium stance. If you want to have a gun with gold accents, then have a gun with gold accents. From my experience, people that are going to make a fuss about a gun tend to have the mindset of "a gun is a gun is a gun".

I just made my first leather holster with a big shiny Texas star on it and I'm sure it stands out. But I like it and that's all that matters. I do think appearance is weighed heavily in the public's perception of open carriers, but as long as you look "normal" enough, then I don't see a problem. Wearing camos, a thigh rig, and a sleeveless Nascar shirt with tats all over your arm is probably too much.

And trying to blend in too much with the crowd may not be the best option either. I do want people to notice that: for one, I am a normal person...and two, that I'm carrying a gun. If they don't notice I'm carrying a gun then their bigoted stereotypes will never change. I'm not saying shove it in the person's face that you're carrying a gun, but if nobody notices it (including criminals), then's what's the point? Besides a faster draw-time, I don't see one.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One of my biggest regrets is that I sold my Belgium made Browning Hi-Power - brushed chrome, target sights and gold trigger n' hammer. :cry:

That was one sweet pistol.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

As we have mentioned before... be polite, be kind, be respectful and be professional with your endeavors regardless of what you look like....

sudden valley gunner

As we have mentioned before... be polite, be kind, be respectful and be professional with your endeavors regardless of what you look like....

Well we can't help what we look like.....lol.....but I agree, like I told a reporter who helped edit the essay I wrote over a year ago, she was anti gun but was turning around and wanting to get one, she really liked this pink AK but was afraid she would be made fun of for buying it for its looks.

I told her don't be fooled guys buy guns for their looks too, thats why all those evil looking "assault weapons" are so popular we like how they look.

Like Skiing said to an anti a gun is a gun....just get one and carry....hey Sarah maybe you can get together with him and sew some nice holster designes......;)

Beretta92FSLady

Well we can't help what we look like.....lol.....but I agree, like I told a reporter who helped edit the essay I wrote over a year ago, she was anti gun but was turning around and wanting to get one, she really liked this pink AK but was afraid she would be made fun of for buying it for its looks.

I told her don't be fooled guys buy guns for their looks too, thats why all those evil looking "assault weapons" are so popular we like how they look.

Like Skiing said to an anti a gun is a gun....just get one and carry....hey Sarah maybe you can get together with him and sew some nice holster designes......;)

i am getting one of my AK's pink camo'd.

Thanks for reminding me, I am still working on sewing holster covers, seriously...I will have a good cover eventually. I am sewing a lot of pillows right now, trying to get something started. i am going to have to make holsters, then sew them with the fabric already on them...but would have hundreds of patterns. Fellas, your favorite football team?...done!

heresolong

she really liked this pink AK but was afraid she would be made fun of for buying it for its looks.

When I was married I was building my wife an AR since she didn't like shooting any of the various 30 cals that I had. I was terrified that she was going to want pink furniture since I told her she could have it any way she wanted. Thank fully she chose khaki. Otherwise I never would have been able to take it to the range myself. :)

FamilyMan

With Bling like that...

Next you know, he'll want to have "beer" when he's OCing it in Condition 3.

kenshin

Sorry to disapoint you but not only do I not drink, but I carry in condition 1. I was only showing my new gun for discussion. If I had known that ignorance was going to poke his head in, I would have kept it to myself.

....I think he was being sarcastic, I could be wrong though. Then again maybe your also being sarcastic now. Kinda hard to tell on an internet forum. Best not jump on people until they can explain themselves.

ETA. we need a smilie for sarcasm. Also, that's a great looking piece, congratz on the purchase.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

When I was married I was building my wife an AR since she didn't like shooting any of the various 30 cals that I had. I was terrified that she was going to want pink furniture since I told her she could have it any way she wanted. Thank fully she chose khaki. Otherwise I never would have been able to take it to the range myself. :)

Ahhh come on you are man enough to shoot a pink gun. :lol:

But yea I hear ya. I'm glad my other half likes the looks of the evil black guns.