• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Las Vegas OC'ers headcount...Where do you OC?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Today I OC'd for the first time. I was in NW Vegas (Charleston/215), there were some nerves on my part, but as I went about my business I looked around a few times and didn't notice anyone paying me any attention. I would say my first experience was pleasant.

I plan to OC everywhere in the valley, although I'm still iffy about North Las Vegas.

Regards,
Dave

Nice work, and welcome... do not go to far out of your comfort zone. It is better to do it a little at a time, and get acclimated, then to get in over your head. You will find that it gets smoother as you go, and people read off of you, so if your nervous they too will be. Good luck and hope to see you NYD.

Last edited:

My P228 And I

I OC around LV as well. I just returned from running errans with my SIG P228 13+1. I went to Tillys and Target on Charelston and Rampart. No problems, only remark made was by the cashier at Tillys he asked me if I have a permit to carry a gun. I explained to him that you dont need a permit to open carry, and explained about the blue card. Then I went to Best Buy on Chareslton and 215 and snooped around for a good hour and never got more than a second look. All in all a good OC experience for a noobie.

Last edited:

28kfps

It has been over a week since the last post from Ddave. Hopefully not another person with a sensitive felling has left the building.

Vegassteve

It has been over a week since the last post from Ddave. Hopefully not another person with a sensitive felling has left the building.

If he/she was that sensitive about the truth then they are going to have a hard time standing up for the Bill of Rights when confronted.

Ddave

No "Sensitive feelings" Bro. Still OC'ing everyday as stated previously. It seems like the sensitive feelings are from the anti-bluecarders here. Don't get me wrong- if there weren't people on the other side of an issue, this would be a communist nation... God bless America. Vegassteve needs to chill out though, and stop calling-out other members too. You don't even know me personally, so instead of throwing your little "Digs" (I.E.: He/She) and being all "Militant" support others on this site. Different views are welcome in this country that I served honorably for - so Vegassteve; why not unite instead of Divide here sir?

I had my kids in town for Christmas week from California (where my ex still lives) and I have to tell ya: UNLOADED OC sure feels lots different!!! Also; navigating around the 1000' school zone thing was difficult, but I did it. It's amazing that US citizens in the next state over can have wayyy less rights and still be OK with living there. Dosn't the Constitution guarantee "Equal Protection" under the law to ALL US Citizens? Gangs everywhere in LA and the Citizens are sheep that the state affects with their Unloaded Law.. Glad to be back home.

I don't post often, but I view this site as oftin as I can. Hope you all have a happy and safe new year. I will be working at Freemont street new years eve, so I can't make any meet up's but hope to see some of you there.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

No "Sensitive feelings" Bro. Still OC'ing everyday as stated previously. It seems like the sensitive feelings are from the anti-bluecarders here. Don't get me wrong- if there weren't people on the other side of an issue, this would be a communist nation... God bless America. Vegassteve needs to chill out though, and stop calling-out other members too. You don't even know me personally, so instead of throwing your little "Digs" (I.E.: He/She) and being all "Militant" support others on this site. Different views are welcome in this country that I served honorably for - so Vegassteve; why not unite instead of Divide here sir?

The he/she was not a dig. All too often I have ASSumed someone on the net was a he or she and I was wrong. So I used that in the sense of I really didnt know if the OP was a he or she. So please chill out yourself.

And if standing up for our rights against the blue card is militant then I am happy to be militant. And as a gun owner you should feel the same. The blue card is nothing more than a infringement on our rights and we must do all we can to get rid of it.

As far as the Bill of Rights goes different views are not welcome. Either you are for them all or you are against them. Simple.

28kfps

I had my kids in town for Christmas week from California (where my ex still lives) and I have to tell ya: UNLOADED OC sure feels lots different!!! Also; navigating around the 1000' school zone thing was difficult, but I did it. It's amazing that US citizens in the next state over can have wayyy less rights and still be OK with living there. Dosn't the Constitution guarantee "Equal Protection" under the law to ALL US Citizens? Gangs everywhere in LA and the Citizens are sheep that the state affects with their Unloaded Law.. Glad to be back home.

I don't post often, but I view this site as oftin as I can. Hope you all have a happy and safe new year. I will be working at Freemont street new years eve, so I can't make any meet up's but hope to see some of you there.

Great to see the resent post. Seen it so many times where posters get into a ******* contest and never to be heard from again. I like to see all sides. Of course the only views I agree with are the correct ones.

blugreenformula

I live in the Southwest, so every morning I stop @ the 7-11 on Windmill & bermuda, Glazers on Buffalo and Robindale, home depot, and I work in Henderson, so all over there.

BBJCaptain

I am at E Charleston and Hollywood in the NE and OC every day as well. K-Mart, Wallie world, Home Depot, Lowe's, Timbers on E Lk Mead where Metro eats dinner after the range, Macayo's 2-3 times a month, Smith's, Albertsons, Walgreen's. Just about everywhere here on the east side. No issues in 3 yrs. When I go into Macayo's to eat they like to put me in the front right by the door were anyone that comes in can see me. Its kind of a bad part of town you know. Fremont and Bruce

Last edited: