Thread: The World's Largest Army. America's Hunters?

San Jose

The World's Largest Army. America's Hunters?

I got this from a Navy buddy. I haven't checked snopes and since I'm not a hunter, I have no idea if this article could be true.

"Now you know why the liberal anti-gun group wants to take our guns away. They are scared of us.

The World's Largest Army. America's Hunters?

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters. Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay. But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security!"

Escondido, CA
    And rest assured that they have more than a few guns at home with plenty of ammo to hold up for awhile. Matter of fact this week I bought over 1000 rnds divided between 4 guns
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Southeast of KC Mossouri
    Amazing. Now, if only we could find some way to get deer to shoot at us first.....then all limits are off, its lawful self defense. You may disagree, but I think its a genius plan.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

White City, Oregon, USA
    They interviewed a Japanese Admiral after WWII and asked "Why didn't Japan follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the US which was not prepared?

His answer (paraphrased): Are you kidding, every American has a gun

Oh and I'm at 12,000 rounds, about half of which is 22LR for taking small game but a BUNCH of tactical as well.

California, USA
    Wonderful! Let's bring the boys home from 170+ oversees bases, disband the regulars, well regulate (train well) the militia, truely guard the boarder (letting commerce and workers flow across as business needs) and call America Free Once More!
    Last edited by cato; 12-25-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.