• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

skyeweaver

Hello-New to OC. I would like to know about OC in eastern jackson county including kansas city. New to the site...anxious about get togethers!! Please respond!!

Teddybear

Hello-New to OC. I would like to know about OC in eastern Jackson county including Kansas city. New to the site...anxious about get togethers!! Please respond!!

Welcome to the forum ... I just joined not to long ago and attended My first o/c meet and greet 12/11/10 then next one will be the second week in Jan. don't know where yet. Keep your eyes here and it will be announced. I had a good experience meeting all the guys and (GAL) there and hope to get together with them again. I had a lot of questions and got a lot of answers. Again welcome.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to the board. There rather not much to now, OC Legal, watch for signs on doors, the Ind Center Mall is off limits, there is a small sign posting as you drive in.

randyj

Welcome!!

Hello and Welcome!

I live in Independence...and I look forward to meeting you. This is a great forum with a lot of very knowledgable people, with alot of real world experience. You can learn a ton here about just about anything with regards to OC.

Probably the first piece of advice that everyone will give, and ranks at the very top of the list of habits to get into is this....Do your own homework regarding the law and various ordinances with respect to the cities that you plan to OC in.

Don't misunderstand though...PLEASE ask any and all questions, but regardless of the answers you receive here....back it up first and foremost with your own "hands on" research. YOU are responsible for your level of knowledge and understanding. It's almost universally agreed on this board that a person who takes the time, and makes the effort to learn the law and understand it's application is well on their way to having a positive experience with OC'ing as well as being prepared for those instances where you will need to know for yourself, on the spot...what the law is and what your rights are!

Again...WELCOME...and we all look forward to meeting you at our next get together.

Randy

ChiangShih

Welcome! You joined at a good time. The OC movement in MO is growing larger and more active everyday.

Looking forward to the next meeting!

kylemoul

just want to be set straight here...

if Business has NO sign about "no firearms allowed", Oc should be fine unless someone asks you to leave.

if Business has a sign about "no firearms allowed" and you enter, is that immediately subject to fines? (100$), or do you just not go in because you know you will get asked to leave right away anyway? but it still is legal correct?

Big Boy

In Missouri the signs don't mean squat. However you will generally get asked to leave, and if they have the signs, why shop there and give them our money? Find somewhere that doesn't trump on out rights.

You should come to the meet in raytown this saturday.

afcarry

I thought rabbit hunting was a lost art. Only a couple people I know of go anymore. Its awesome! Have fun. Bag a good fox and enjoy the delights of its flavor. Do this in memory of me.

haa!

Last edited: