• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny Stuff

BAMF

I am not sure if anyone has seen this but here it is.....

From a guy in Florida :

My neighbor is a "lefty" of sorts (Obama bumper stickers, gung-ho
socialized medicine, "guns should be banned", etc.). So this past spring
I put this sign up in my yard after one of his anti-gun rants at a neighborhood
cocktail party. The sign wasn't up more than an hour before he called the police
and wanted them to make me take down the sign. Fortunately, the officer politely
informed him that it was not their job to take such action without a court order and that he
had to file a complaint "downtown" first. After several weeks he was informed that the
sign was legal (by a quarter of an inch) and there was nothing the city could do,
which obviously made him madder.

I tried to smooth things over by inviting him to go shooting with me and my friends at the hunt club but
that seemed to make him even more angry. I then asked him if he wanted to go to a Tea Party rally
but again he declined my outreach efforts to bring about a better understanding between political and social opponents.

I am at a loss how to reconcile our long relationship (notice I did not say friendship), any suggestions would be welcome.

I even made him a bumper sticker and that made him madder than he already was!

Anyway, that's life in our neck of the woods, how's about yours? Sign.jpgSign.jpg