• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

Sheldon

OK Rant mode ON!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my army girl was coming home for the first time in 4 years for turkey day with family. At the airport in time her flight but guess what it left 30 minutes early stranding her for over 24 hours, missing Thanksgiving with the family, missing her black Friday shopping, missing several other events, the airline DELTA....

Different airport at the terminal today several hours early for her flight home for Christmas leave. She has damaged her knee and is wearing a metal knee brace, between bad check in and security that screwed around excessivley, and again her flight left 30 minutes early guess what... She is currently stranded at the airport trying to get a flight home.....

So thanks Delta for (no I will not use the adjectives I want to, but feel free to use your imagination of what I would like to say) ROYALLY MESSING UP MY DAUGHTER LEAVE AGAIN, robing her of her time home with family and friends, leave time, would not get her a wheel chair to help her to her flight, would not call and tell them to hold, and then left early....

Yeah I have a bucket load of 4 letter adjectives I could express about how I feel now!!!

Feel free to pass this on!!!

carracer

Have had flights leave late and miss a connecting flight. Never had one leave early on me. Will they reimburse or make some concessions for her? How did the TSA security check go wrong?

markand

What airport is she flying from?

Curious to know what airport let the Delta flight leave early.

Sheldon

I have found out that Delta is notorious for over booking, during the holiday rush if possible will board early, once full close the doors and get in the Q. In my numerous flights I have benefited from just such early departures, not common but they happen, and likewise been burned by delayed flights....

FYI for her Tucson in November and Denver today, but for me (connecting flights mostly) Houston , LAX, O Hare, Detroit Metro, Miami, and an Early departure (connection) almost left me in Atlanta once....
It can be real fun when your flight (arriving late) is on one side of a rather large airport and your departing (leaving spot on or early) on the other side.... I am told Houston is in excess of 1/2 mile from one side of the terminal to the other (ran that marathon more than once, and was surprise I wasn't stopped by security), then there is landing at LAX domestic and going LAX international more fun.....

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
He was open carrying to the airport to pick her up.

That works for me, as I do the same during visits with my son...

Try Cheap-O-Air. I've booked through them dozens of times over the last few years, and I've found better fares through them than anywhere else (expedia, etc.).

Not all airlines overbook. Some simply have stringent cancellation requirements i.e. if you miss your flight, too bad.