Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Guns have you carried, open or concealed, at one time?

How many Guns have you carried, open or concealed, at one time?

From time to time there is a discussion that regards Backup Guns. We all carry at least one firearm. Some carry a backup. Perhaps there are those that go the extra mile and carry more.

I can remember one time I was carrying my CZ 75 SP-01 openly, had my Sig in a shoulder holster, and my Kel-Tec in my pocket. I didn't find three guns to be all that uncomfortable.

What's the largest number of firearms any of you have carried at one time, while going about your business in public?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

From the other coast...

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II in a SERPA on my left hip (OC or CC depending on what I'm wearing due to the weather) and a Ruger LCR-357 is my BUG on the right, usually in a pocket with my hand keeping it company. I'm left-handed by nature, but as a retired LEO, I learned to shoot with both hands fairly well. I LOVE the "new" LCR. I shoot Speer +P's designed for short barrels in it rather than magnum loads because of the flash and barrel length.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Those rare times I've gone over two (my usual count) numbers three or more have been boxed and are just being transported.

Usually it is just a 9 and a .32, sometimes it is just one of those.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

60MM mortar, .45, M16A1....lol

In peace .40 Ruger...I am looking for a back up piece...any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    60MM mortar, .45, M16A1....lol

In peace .40 Ruger...I am looking for a back up piece...any suggestions?
    Heheheheheheh... I hadn't thought back to those days. Yeah, the load out was a bit different, then.

(Do slap flares count? I used to like those...)
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

2, Two, Duece, Duo....

Usually one of two Sig's in .40 and a Keltec in .32
    Live Free or Die!

Friday my business was a trip to the range, and I had 4 slung at once, all long arms.
    But that's really kinda out of the bounds you were thinkin'
    2 is usually plenty.

All of em. 7 to the range. 9mm glock on the hip, .32 s&w on ankle, .22 and .380 in the range bag; and carrying the .22 LR , 30/30, and the 12 ga.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

just cause i can!!!

i suited up for practice the other night,,,

380 auto under my left pit
    9mm star under my right pit
    9mm p38/01 on right hip
    fnp 45 usg on my left hip
    380 auto in my belt buckle holder
    25 auto in front left pocket
    and
    9mm star in the small of my back!

at the 2nd amendment rally i was carrying 4 pistols, 2 open, and my Kentucky rifle.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Conner, son, daddy's working ...

Three. I was going to the range, and the guns had to be in holster and on hip, or in a case and unloaded. Since my cases were in the garage somewhere, and all the guns were already holstered, I carried two open and one concealed.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Two 9m, two rifles one .22 and the other an SKS. Taking the kids to my local shooting spot in the hills, walk past one of neighbors house, 8 yr. old comes out asks where we going, then says he wants to come too. I told him to ask his parents first, he comes back out and says his mom says its ok. I made sure this was true first and sure enough him and one other neighborhood kid came along.

Since then several of the kids in the area have been shooting with me and a few of the parents also.

Nice to start disseminating false notions while they are still young.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Nice to start disseminating false notions while they are still young.
    "I do not think that means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya
    Last edited by heresolong; 12-21-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Friday my business was a trip to the range, and I had 4 slung at once, all long arms.
    But that's really kinda out of the bounds you were thinkin'
    2 is usually plenty.
    That's OK, I figured the thread would go that way anyway.

If I had to leave home suddenly, in a SHTF circumstance, I'd be carrying he "long ones" too. In addition to three pistols there would be a 12ga with 8+1 capacity on a sling across my back. An AR-15 with a two mags attached and another half dozen full mags on a vest. For some really long stuff there would also be a .308 bolt action with 10-40X50 scope in a "drag bag". Ammo for all would be stuffed in every pocket and pouch with more still in a 'ruck. I figure I'd be weighing an extra 100# or so with all the gear I could carry. Probably a little more than what one would need to go to the store.

Back to reality, (and peacetime) I usually have no less than three firearms within my control. I was taught a long time ago that a pistol was only for fighting your way to your rifle. Not practical for when inside a Wal-Mart but definitely the way I travel when in a vehicle and ditto for at home.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    That's OK, I figured the thread would go that way anyway.

If I had to leave home suddenly, in a SHTF circumstance, I'd be carrying he "long ones" too. In addition to three pistols there would be a 12ga with 8+1 capacity on a sling across my back. An AR-15 with a two mags attached and another half dozen full mags on a vest. For some really long stuff there would also be a .308 bolt action with 10-40X50 scope in a "drag bag". Ammo for all would be stuffed in every pocket and pouch with more still in a 'ruck. I figure I'd be weighing an extra 100# or so with all the gear I could carry. Probably a little more than what one would need to go to the store.

Back to reality, (and peacetime) I usually have no less than three firearms within my control. I was taught a long time ago that a pistol was only for fighting your way to your rifle. Not practical for when inside a Wal-Mart but definitely the way I travel when in a vehicle and ditto for at home.
    I always have a shotgun/rifle in every car so I could be fighting my out of Wall-Mart with a pistol or 2 to get back to my long gun(s). Dosn't everyone have trunk long guns? Old pump shotguns or Mosins are great for this.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I was taught a long time ago that a pistol was only for fighting your way to your rifle.
    Amen +1

One. But only because I haven't got myself a BUG yet. Then I'll carry a pocket gun so I can sit there with my hand non-chalantly on it if I so choose.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    "I do not think that means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya
    Ha! good catch !!!! Would work if used as disseminate pro gun ideas though. I think.

And plus one for the Inigo quote!!!!
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 12-21-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Conner, son, daddy's working ...
    nice coat dude!

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    i suited up for practice the other night,,,

380 auto under my left pit
    9mm star under my right pit
    9mm p38/01 on right hip
    fnp 45 usg on my left hip
    380 auto in my belt buckle holder
    25 auto in front left pocket
    and
    9mm star in the small of my back!

at the 2nd amendment rally i was carrying 4 pistols, 2 open, and my Kentucky rifle.
    my kind of guy! a walking gun store, if i run out, or lose mine, i can always borrow 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 from you!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    my kind of guy! a walking gun store, if i run out, or lose mine, i can always borrow 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 from you!
    if they work....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post
    One. But only because I haven't got myself a BUG yet. Then I'll carry a pocket gun so I can sit there with my hand non-chalantly on it if I so choose.
    Make it a revolver then. You can shoot one of those from a pocket without running the risk of jamming from ejected rounds. A nice 38 with concealed hammer is just the ticket for "pocket shooting".

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    if they work....
    Flying parts can also be lethal.

I rarely carry one gun at a time. My primary, as of late, has been one of my Glocks--- 19, 27, or 30, and my "always" deep-conceal/BUG is my Kahr MK9 Elite '03 w/CTC lasergrips. Most I've ever carried for any 'real' purpose was when I worked at a gunshop, and that was three. Most I've ever carried period was five, and that was for an OC lunch about 3 years ago at someone's house...(there was a competition for who could carry the most, I won). The funny part was, I went to Safeway on the way there, and threw a jacket on, so I was CCing 5 guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast