• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many Guns have you carried, open or concealed, at one time?

amlevin

From time to time there is a discussion that regards Backup Guns. We all carry at least one firearm. Some carry a backup. Perhaps there are those that go the extra mile and carry more.

I can remember one time I was carrying my CZ 75 SP-01 openly, had my Sig in a shoulder holster, and my Kel-Tec in my pocket. I didn't find three guns to be all that uncomfortable.

What's the largest number of firearms any of you have carried at one time, while going about your business in public?

Aaron1124

969wt1.jpg

MSC 45ACP

From the other coast...

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II in a SERPA on my left hip (OC or CC depending on what I'm wearing due to the weather) and a Ruger LCR-357 is my BUG on the right, usually in a pocket with my hand keeping it company. I'm left-handed by nature, but as a retired LEO, I learned to shoot with both hands fairly well. I LOVE the "new" LCR. I shoot Speer +P's designed for short barrels in it rather than magnum loads because of the flash and barrel length.

Tomas

Those rare times I've gone over two (my usual count) numbers three or more have been boxed and are just being transported.

Usually it is just a 9 and a .32, sometimes it is just one of those.

Lovenox

60MM mortar, .45, M16A1....lol

In peace .40 Ruger...I am looking for a back up piece...any suggestions?

Hammer

Friday my business was a trip to the range, and I had 4 slung at once, all long arms.
But that's really kinda out of the bounds you were thinkin'
2 is usually plenty.

tombrewster421

All of em. 7 to the range. 9mm glock on the hip, .32 s&w on ankle, .22 and .380 in the range bag; and carrying the .22 LR , 30/30, and the 12 ga.

1245A Defender

just cause i can!!!

i suited up for practice the other night,,,

380 auto under my left pit
9mm star under my right pit
9mm p38/01 on right hip
fnp 45 usg on my left hip
380 auto in my belt buckle holder
25 auto in front left pocket
and
9mm star in the small of my back!

at the 2nd amendment rally i was carrying 4 pistols, 2 open, and my Kentucky rifle.

Tawnos

Three. I was going to the range, and the guns had to be in holster and on hip, or in a case and unloaded. Since my cases were in the garage somewhere, and all the guns were already holstered, I carried two open and one concealed.

sudden valley gunner

Two 9m, two rifles one .22 and the other an SKS. Taking the kids to my local shooting spot in the hills, walk past one of neighbors house, 8 yr. old comes out asks where we going, then says he wants to come too. I told him to ask his parents first, he comes back out and says his mom says its ok. I made sure this was true first and sure enough him and one other neighborhood kid came along.

Since then several of the kids in the area have been shooting with me and a few of the parents also.

Nice to start disseminating false notions while they are still young.

amlevin

Friday my business was a trip to the range, and I had 4 slung at once, all long arms.
But that's really kinda out of the bounds you were thinkin'
2 is usually plenty.

That's OK, I figured the thread would go that way anyway.

If I had to leave home suddenly, in a SHTF circumstance, I'd be carrying he "long ones" too. In addition to three pistols there would be a 12ga with 8+1 capacity on a sling across my back. An AR-15 with a two mags attached and another half dozen full mags on a vest. For some really long stuff there would also be a .308 bolt action with 10-40X50 scope in a "drag bag". Ammo for all would be stuffed in every pocket and pouch with more still in a 'ruck. I figure I'd be weighing an extra 100# or so with all the gear I could carry. Probably a little more than what one would need to go to the store.

Back to reality, (and peacetime) I usually have no less than three firearms within my control. I was taught a long time ago that a pistol was only for fighting your way to your rifle. Not practical for when inside a Wal-Mart but definitely the way I travel when in a vehicle and ditto for at home.

Jeff Hayes

That's OK, I figured the thread would go that way anyway.

If I had to leave home suddenly, in a SHTF circumstance, I'd be carrying he "long ones" too. In addition to three pistols there would be a 12ga with 8+1 capacity on a sling across my back. An AR-15 with a two mags attached and another half dozen full mags on a vest. For some really long stuff there would also be a .308 bolt action with 10-40X50 scope in a "drag bag". Ammo for all would be stuffed in every pocket and pouch with more still in a 'ruck. I figure I'd be weighing an extra 100# or so with all the gear I could carry. Probably a little more than what one would need to go to the store.

Back to reality, (and peacetime) I usually have no less than three firearms within my control. I was taught a long time ago that a pistol was only for fighting your way to your rifle. Not practical for when inside a Wal-Mart but definitely the way I travel when in a vehicle and ditto for at home.

I always have a shotgun/rifle in every car so I could be fighting my out of Wall-Mart with a pistol or 2 to get back to my long gun(s). Dosn't everyone have trunk long guns? Old pump shotguns or Mosins are great for this.

skiingislife725

One. But only because I haven't got myself a BUG yet. Then I'll carry a pocket gun so I can sit there with my hand non-chalantly on it if I so choose.