• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Easty County UOC

Born2Lose

I would be up for a meetup in Santee after the holidays. I plan on staying away from Parkway Plaza.

Cool. I'm in. I'll try and get my wife and 3 year old daughter to come along as well. Want add to the family vibe.

Just some info, I have UOC'd there before, outdoor food court area, and got "E" checked by accident, was buying a sandwhich around lunch time when 2 Sheriff Deputies came in for lunch also, 911 was not accessed, just coincidence they wanted Quiznos too, took them a good 2 minutes before they noticed I was armed, there is a Sheriff substation there in the mall. The E check was polite and friendly.

Pretty much the entire intersection complex is 1000 ft. safe including Home Depot, Vons area Costco area. Only the back part of Walmart comes within a school zone that I can find. Please do your own research though people.
(important note these businessess are in clear zones but they may still contact LE or ask you to leave, i.e. Costco).

Many San Diegan UOC'rs are from east county so dont be surprised if we schedule some monday night meets here in the near future.

also I spoke with a security guard hired by the mall, the code of conduct for the mall says nothing about firearms, and he said he wouldnt have a problem with it, just remember though this is only 1 security I spoke with.

Like i said above. I'm in. I'll keep an eye on the forum.

Born2Lose

looking like we may have one between Xmas and New Years....Stay tuned.

I don't pick up the new xd9sc until Tuesday night. Not saying that you should schedule around me just stating a fact. :D

I did some searching but couldn't find a link to a business card sized flyer that I could print. Only people selling them.

Also you guys have a suggestion for a cheap digital recorder?

wazdat

Santee Trolley Center

...Many San Diegan UOC'rs are from east county so dont be surprised if we schedule some monday night meets here in the near future...

I live in Santee and would be interested in meeting members at this location and possibly UOC for the first time.

Thanks.

Born2Lose

I live in Santee and would be interested in meeting members at this location and possibly UOC for the first time.

Thanks.

Our job is shutdown today because of rain. I'm going to first time UOC today at the trolley center with my wife, 3 year old daughter, and 3 year old nephew. Probably Target and Walmart since my wife has some shopping there.

If they ask you to leave has anyone ever asked the store if they'd mind if you locked it up and came back in?
My wife is already a little leary of UOC and if she has to cut her shopping short because of me she'll be pissed.

Born2Lose

Did my first UOC today.
My wife, 3 year old daughter, 3 year old nephew and I went to Target in Santee today around noon.
We drove there with the pistol locked up in the case and my holsters already on my belt.
It's raining here so i would normally wear my big Peacoat but it's much to long for UOC. Had to wear a slim fit hoody so i wouldn't accidentally conceal.
My wife got the kids out while i unlocked and holstered my mag and XD9SC. (inside the minivan as to not scare the sheeple).
We ran inside to get out of the rain. Grabbed a double kid cart and went to the snack bar to get some popcorn for the kids. The cashier gave my XD a quick glance and went about her work. We leisurely went around the store from one end to the other. Most people seemed to not even take notice. I even walked right past at least 3 different target employees without them even giving me a second look. At one point we were in the housewares area and a guy stopped in the middle of the main walkway and watched us slowly walk past. We eventually circled back and he was talking to a target employee and i heard the target guy say "Show me". He looked up and saw me and kept walking past. My wife agreed he was definitely talking about me. We finished our shopping and had a few friendly encounters with fellow shoppers. (sorry i hit my cart with yours, that kind of thing)
As we were walking up to the counter a target guy hurriedly walked past me on my weak side and never said a thing. We went to the register and the lady glanced at the XD and started ringing us up was extremely nice and talkative. We thanked her and left.
As we were at the light at Mission Gorge we saw a Santee Sheriff cruise in and head toward Target. Probably just a coincidence. I'm guessing SWAT didn't descend on Target after we left.
All in all a positive outing. Not sure how it would have gone had i been by myself. Tall white guy with a black hoody and a gun on his hip.

Firemark

Did my first UOC today.
My wife, 3 year old daughter, 3 year old nephew and I went to Target in Santee today around noon.
We drove there with the pistol locked up in the case and my holsters already on my belt.
It's raining here so i would normally wear my big Peacoat but it's much to long for UOC. Had to wear a slim fit hoody so i wouldn't accidentally conceal.
My wife got the kids out while i unlocked and holstered my mag and XD9SC. (inside the minivan as to not scare the sheeple).
We ran inside to get out of the rain. Grabbed a double kid cart and went to the snack bar to get some popcorn for the kids. The cashier gave my XD a quick glance and went about her work. We leisurely went around the store from one end to the other. Most people seemed to not even take notice. I even walked right past at least 3 different target employees without them even giving me a second look. At one point we were in the housewares area and a guy stopped in the middle of the main walkway and watched us slowly walk past. We eventually circled back and he was talking to a target employee and i heard the target guy say "Show me". He looked up and saw me and kept walking past. My wife agreed he was definitely talking about me. We finished our shopping and had a few friendly encounters with fellow shoppers. (sorry i hit my cart with yours, that kind of thing)
As we were walking up to the counter a target guy hurriedly walked past me on my weak side and never said a thing. We went to the register and the lady glanced at the XD and started ringing us up was extremely nice and talkative. We thanked her and left.
As we were at the light at Mission Gorge we saw a Santee Sheriff cruise in and head toward Target. Probably just a coincidence. I'm guessing SWAT didn't descend on Target after we left.
All in all a positive outing. Not sure how it would have gone had i been by myself. Tall white guy with a black hoody and a gun on his hip.

Good for you, the sheriff was probably for you cause they usually go into the mall around the back where their substation is located. Wonder if they will post a sign on the front door now? Did you have your recorder going? did you bring video with you?
We will have to hav a coffee social when the wather gets drier, make it a regular thing.

Born2Lose

Good for you, the sheriff was probably for you cause they usually go into the mall around the back where their substation is located. Wonder if they will post a sign on the front door now? Did you have your recorder going? did you bring video with you?
We will have to hav a coffee social when the wather gets drier, make it a regular thing.
Audio recorder is ordered and in transit. The east coast blizzard delayed its arrival. That's why i brought my wife with me and i told her to keep her mouth shut and her eyes and ears open.

Firemark

Audio recorder is ordered and in transit. The east coast blizzard delayed its arrival. That's why i brought my wife with me and i told her to keep her mouth shut and her eyes and ears open.

DUDE!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just wait till you have the recorder next time. Cant stress this enough you must have recording capability the moment you put your holster on in public..Guarantee the worst LEO in the world will stop you when you dont have it!!!

Born2Lose

DUDE!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just wait till you have the recorder next time. Cant stress this enough you must have recording capability the moment you put your holster on in public..Guarantee the worst LEO in the world will stop you when you dont have it!!!
I knew someone would say that. Such are the joys of a free country. :D
The new recorder can do up to 600 hours of recording on the LP setting.

If they were indeed worried about it or had a policy about it why didn't the girl who sold me popcorn call it in within the first 2 minutes of me being in the store? Or the 4 other employees that saw me carrying. Sheriffs could be there in less than a minute.

ANYONE:
When asked to leave the store:
Have you ever asked if you could lock it up in your car and come back?
I would only ask this if i was with my family. If i was alone i would just comply and shop elsewhere.

Firemark

I knew someone would say that. Such are the joys of a free country. :D
The new recorder can do up to 600 hours of recording on the LP setting.

If they were indeed worried about it or had a policy about it why didn't the girl who sold me popcorn call it in within the first 2 minutes of me being in the store? Or the 4 other employees that saw me carrying. Sheriffs could be there in less than a minute.

We may never know, one of the sheeple might have woken up and decided to call when they saw you in line to check out. Some people support UOC, most dont care, and a few are hoplophobes and enjoy calling 911 feeling they are heros. Would be interesting to find out if their loss prevention security tracked your movements thru the store on their cameras

Born2Lose

We may never know, one of the sheeple might have woken up and decided to call when they saw you in line to check out. Some people support UOC, most dont care, and a few are hoplophobes and enjoy calling 911 feeling they are heros. Would be interesting to find out if their loss prevention security tracked your movements thru the store on their cameras

I would not be surprised it they tracked me. Being a cold rainy day at lunch time it wasn't extremely crowded. I'm kind of used to that because my wife and I are heavily tattooed. (we were both bundled up from the cold) All of my tattoos are bright and colorful and paid for in hard work not candybars and cigarettes. People think because i am a tattoo enthusiast then i must somehow also be a felon/BG/scumbag. Sometimes i swear i can almost hear the hum of the camera's servo following us. I can almost understand it since i wasn't born this way i chose to look this way.

I'd UOC at Target again but of course I'll wait a week until my audio recorder shows up.
Oh and i decided i really need a better belt. My leather Dickie's one just doesn't cut it. I've been eyeing the wilderness belts online.