Thread: Would like to start a U.P. group, any yoopers here?

Would like to start a U.P. group, any yoopers here?

Would like to start a U.P. open carry group/club, specifically around the Marquette area. Anyone interested in doing some OC lunches and stuff like that contact me at sjp1963 at yahoo dot com.

Campaign Veteran
    Scott,
    While not many of us, there are a few. I have focused my search for Yoopers (Sorry Yooper) in the Houghton area, there are others. I also own and semi maintain htto://upopencarry.org just as a starting point to give people interested a place to call or email for questions and help. I am north of you in Lake Linden, about 2.5 hour drive away, but do come down there and would be happy to look you up next trip I make. I swore there was also someone in the Escanaba area, as well as Marquette in the past.

If you search around, you will see there are about 5-7 Yoopers who OC on occasion. We have done lunches and a few other small things. There are not a lot of us, but I must say up here not many give it a second thought, firearms are just a part of the culture here.

-jason r.
    aka northofnowhere

Also, there is "chevytaHOE5674" who is from the Ontonagon area if I remember correctly. I tried searching for him, but the search function on here doesn't seem to work for crap. Anything I search for comes back with no results.
    Rand Paul 2016

Thanks guys. I've thought about putting an add in the local paper or maybe some signs in the local sportsman clubs and gun shops. I'm sure there are others up here who would OC if they had support by others, just need to get them together.

As i said on MGO,i got in contact with a family in delta county,if they get ahold of you or not is up to them though..
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.