• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's With the Captcha?

DanM

What is up with Michigan? Is there something in the water causing this and recent drama? . . . (rhetorical questions)

No, our water is fine. Given Michigan's leadership among the states with exercise, promotion, and publicizing of OC, we attract a higher number of folks to this site versus most other states, including of course the normal proportional amount of cranks, trolls, kooks, etc. Success always has its minor drawbacks, and Michigan is no exception to that rule. (rhetorical answer)

paul@paul-fisher.com

I currently work full time as a paid moderator, and was a volunteer moderator in the past. If you dont realize you cant moderate an entire site like this on your own, then you are clueless and/or lazy. Please ban me from this site, if you can manage to find the time between eating twinkies. I will also not be renewing my MOC membership, so you can all go pound sand imo.

WOW! I thought WI was the only state that had people like this!

stainless1911

Banned
Well, I guess you will feel right at home here.

Michigan is a tough state, both online and off. We have a funny way of doing things around here. We won't tell you how why or what those ways are, but we will tell you we are right, without thinking about the way other people do things, and we aren't afraid to let people know we are right.

NHCGRPR45

i feel john is doing a very good job. and lets not forget, he is 1 of 2 people who really brought OC'ers together in one spot to forge ahead with the idea that is Open Carry. look how it has grown and the results lawfull OC'ers have brought to realization because of OCDO. and all the individuals who can now OC without having to worry about being "the only one" or having to think that they will be arrested/harrased?

i say good job sirs and as always carry on!

and a personal thank you to each and evry one of you who open carry or conceal carry, or don't carry but also don't try to take my right to do so away, THANK YOU!

Master Control

Ditto !!!!!

i feel john is doing a very good job. and lets not forget, he is 1 of 2 people who really brought OC'ers together in one spot to forge ahead with the idea that is Open Carry. look how it has grown and the results lawfull OC'ers have brought to realization because of OCDO. and all the individuals who can now OC without having to worry about being "the only one" or having to think that they will be arrested/harrased?

i say good job sirs and as always carry on!

and a personal thank you to each and evry one of you who open carry or conceal carry, or don't carry but also don't try to take my right to do so away, THANK YOU!

I also thank you for doing a great job, shake off the BS & Carry On My Brothers.

PT111

When I see some of the comments made to the Owners of this site and to the other members on here it makes me wonder about all the comments made about how sensible and law-abiding OC'ers are. If they treat the ones on their side and are doing their best to help how would they treat others. If they hold themselves up to be the standard of OC then there is no wonder LEO are so cautious around anyone with a gun. :banghead::banghead::banana::monkey

DanM

When I see some of the comments made to the Owners of this site and to the other members on here it makes me wonder about all the comments made about how sensible and law-abiding OC'ers are. If they treat the ones on their side and are doing their best to help how would they treat others.

You're assuming negative commenters are actual OC'ers. You're also assuming a person's writing behavior on the internet is indicative of their IRL sensibility and law-abiding behavior. OC'ers are overwhelmingly law-abiding and sensible (when it comes to lawful and responsible gun carry). Therefore, you may put your wondering mind at ease, my friend.

Onnie

<chuckle>

<sigh>

What is up with Michigan? Is there something in the water causing this and recent drama?

"My last post." Good grief. Were his posts so full of valuable information, or such a contribution to the forum, that we would suffer for lack?

(rhetorical questions)

Dont mind us, we just get this way when its cold outside!