• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry pizza night invite 12/29/10 Maryland Heights, MO

sohighlyunlikely

To whom it may concern,

I will be Open Carrying at Serra's Pizzeria for dinner 7pm on 12/29/10. If you would like to join me or just come in to talk OC feel free to come join me.

Serra's Pizzeria
(314) 739-0881
12218 Mckelvey Rd, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
http://www.serraspizzeria.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIkhVoHW7E

Doc
(314)494-0881

75-Open-Carry.gif

Last edited:

mspgunner

Rowe-75

appreciate the offer mspgunner, sounds like my dad is wanting to go too so I should be covered. He doesn't carry but is starting to think about it since I moved down and carry daily. He is also in the market for a .45... Not sure if he wants a xd45 or a 1911. I've been explaining to him the difference and how the two aren't comparable because they are so different but he has a thick skull :banghead: . Need to take him to a range that will rent him some different pistols before he makes a decision (which could possibly be at the St Charles gun show on the 31st)

Edit to add: Thanks for the warm welcome Doc! Happy holidays everyone!

-Jeremy

Last edited:

mspgunner

Pizza Night

The "best" way to find the right firearm is to go out and try as many as you can. That is 100% Correct.
When we meet in groups such as this the "What do you carry?" question is common, almost maditory. In St. Louis we meet people and ask "Where did you go to High School?". You'll catch on to this very soon

Firearms... Lost my train of thought. -> You'll hear/see compacts all the way up to full size 1911s. To each their own, some people may just pack 2 firearms or 1 and clip or two. Again, to each their own, pluses and minuses. There is probably a thread here some where "What do you carry?".

Be sure to say hello, I'll be the guy with the firearm.

Griz

what time?

i get off at 4:00. working near the airport, would probably make it by 4:30 easy. live too far away to get home and come back.

cash50

I'd like to come out, may bring another man or two.

And Doc, where's the part about seeing if the LEO's will tackle you??

Also, do you know these owners or just walking in blind?

sohighlyunlikely

I'd like to come out, may bring another man or two.

And Doc, where's the part about seeing if the LEO's will tackle you??

Also, do you know these owners or just walking in blind?

Bring anyone you like. The Restaurant is open to the public and this is not really an organized event.

Since I 1st started the Starbucks tour I have done 100's of hours of public OCing. Though a tackling is possible it seems that I and OC have become more recognized and left alone.

I have Open Carry-ed there with 4 other OCers on 3 other occasions and have had no problems. There is always the chance that I or anyone else could be asked to leave. I picked a small local business to reward with our patronage. I would think it a lesson to them if they were to turn away paying customer after paying customer. I do have a back up location that I do have permission do bring in OC people. Here is my phone number if you should arrive and run into a snag. (314)494-0881 If I am not their feel free to not spend a dime and call me for the new location.

Doc

cash50

Hey Doc, just checked Maryland Heights' website for ordinances. Couldn't find anything, so I take it Maryland Heights OC legal, no CCW required, correct??

On a side note I called the MHPD to ask them and the guy on the phone said they have no ordinance against it -it's illegal per state law. I say no it's not he says yes it is. I then asked again if they have an ordinace against it, he says no. Tells me that they will definitely get calls if I OC in public and why should I do that when I can conceal it, yada yada don't scare the sheep.

mspgunner

OC - Maryland Heights

As you can see in some of DOCs videos, LEOs don't know and understand the laws, they like to make up the rules as they go along. The State laws are thr State laws.

Hey Doc, just checked Maryland Heights' website for ordinances. Couldn't find anything, so I take it Maryland Heights OC legal, no CCW required, correct??

On a side note I called the MHPD to ask them and the guy on the phone said they have no ordinance against it -it's illegal per state law. I say no it's not he says yes it is. I then asked again if they have an ordinace against it, he says no. Tells me that they will definitely get calls if I OC in public and why should I do that when I can conceal it, yada yada don't scare the sheep.

sohighlyunlikely

On a side note I called the MHPD to ask them and the guy on the phone said they have no ordinance against it -it's illegal per state law. I say no it's not he says yes it is. I then asked again if they have an ordinance against it, he says no. Tells me that they will definitely get calls if I OC in public and why should I do that when I can conceal it, yada yada don't scare the sheep.

I went to the Maryland Heights website. Went to "City Government" then click on "Municipal code" It will take you to Municode. Put firearm in the search box and read the 5 codes it gives you or if you like read all of Chapter 14. I can find no restrictions to Open Carry in their codes and as Open Carry is legal unless specifically restricted by muni in question. I am not a practicing lawyer but that is all I need. We each have to make a decision to whether the LEO's use fear to persuade you into not using your rights will stop you. I for one, will not.

Doc

mspgunner

I went to the Maryland Heights website. Went to "City Government" then click on "Municipal code" It will take you to Municode. Put firearm in the search box and read the 5 codes it gives you or if you like read all of Chapter 14. I can find no restrictions to Open Carry in their codes and as Open Carry is legal unless specifically restricted by muni in question. I am not a practicing lawyer but that is all I need. We each have to make a decision to whether the LEO's use fear to persuade you into not using your rights will stop you. I for one, will not.

Doc

DOC has the right idea, it is legal, it is your RIGHT, use 'em or lose'm.

cash50

DOC has the right idea, it is legal, it is your RIGHT, use 'em or lose'm.

Trust me, I know. Just wanted to make sure it was OC legal to the state's definition, as a friend is coming who doesn't have a CCW, which may be required in certain areas to OC.

I aint skeered to open carry.