• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry pizza night invite 12/29/10 Maryland Heights, MO

kellogg2185

Was my first OC event, glad I made it, and look forward to seeing you all again. Will have my CCW as soon as I can, so I don't have to worry about those OC only with CCW counties.

cash50

Was my first OC event, glad I made it, and look forward to seeing you all again. Will have my CCW as soon as I can, so I don't have to worry about those OC only with CCW counties.

We look forward to seeing you again too. Bring that derringer again.

mspgunner

OC Cities

OCSTLlist251.jpg

OK, I've done extensive inquiries into Wildwood. Don't OC in Wildwood, trust me on this. Iknow folks have OC'd on their bikes.... But you will have a problem with LEOs of engaged.

I don't know what the particulars are in Chesterfield, but I'm curious since I go there every day. If you have the details I'd like to see 'em. Post or email to mspar15@aol.com

Today 1/2/10 there is a get together for Ed Martin at Four Hearts on Lindberg. There will be a large number of political types there and Sunset Hills is a OC City. As far as I know this is a free event, maybe? 3:00-7:00PM. It's an opportunity for him to say hi to people who supported him in one way shape form or another. I know the poitics, if interested just show up. I wouldn't necessarily go in jeans and a T-Shirt though.

sohighlyunlikely

one more time

OK, I've done extensive inquiries into Wildwood. Don't OC in Wildwood, trust me on this. Iknow folks have OC'd on their bikes.... But you will have a problem with LEOs of engaged.

I don't know what the particulars are in Chesterfield, but I'm curious since I go there every day. If you have the details I'd like to see 'em. Post or email to mspar15@aol.com

We have had this same discussion 3 times now There is no law against open carry in Wildwood. The only law they have that they could even use is their old hunting law and it is direct conflict with the CCW laws. I know they threaten to arrest OCers when asked if you can OC there. Personally I know they know better and if I am persecuted for expressing my 2nd Amendment rights in Wildwood then I am prepared to punish them by all legal means at my disposal.

Their law is the same as Chesterfield and unincorporated St Louis County

(g)It shall be unlawful for any person carrying a firearm or projectile weapon to willfully enter or go upon the premises or property of another, or to fire or discharge any firearm or projectile weapon, while on the premises or property of another without first having obtained the written permission from the owner, lessee or person in charge of such premises or property, and unless the person in charge of such premises or property, and unless such person has the said written permission, on his person. This section shall not apply to a person carrying, firing or discharging any firearm or projectile weapon, while in the immediate presence of the owner, lessee, or person in charge of the property or premises, or to the entry upon the premises for the sole purpose of obtaining the written permission of the owner, lessee or person in charge of the property.

Doc

Last edited:

mspgunner

Wildwood/ Chesterfield

Yes, they do read about the same. I suppose it is a legal/court type question. "Is City property also private property?", the argument from the City of Wildwood... "All property is owned by some one". I for one will not push the envelope to test the question. As much as it would be interesting to walk into the Wildwood Starbuck's OC I don't think it would fly here in Wildwood. I'd sure like to see this changed. The 2A and not so 2A type things that have come up here in the past are reviewed by the "public safety" committee and there are retired LEOs who's input guide the City. You can guess which way they lean on these.

Until some one with the desire to test these local laws in court goes the distance it will remain in the gray zone here. Again I applaud your actions and public education in OC!

If city owned property is considered private property rather than public property then why pray tell did the MO AG put out the letter to a certain city namely Festus informing them that they could not post their city parks as no carry?

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Yes, they do read about the same. I suppose it is a legal/court type question. "Is City property also private property?", the argument from the City of Wildwood... "All property is owned by some one". I for one will not push the envelope to test the question. As much as it would be interesting to walk into the Wildwood Starbuck's OC I don't think it would fly here in Wildwood. I'd sure like to see this changed. The 2A and not so 2A type things that have come up here in the past are reviewed by the "public safety" committee and there are retired LEOs who's input guide the City. You can guess which way they lean on these.

Until some one with the desire to test these local laws in court goes the distance it will remain in the gray zone here. Again I applaud your actions and public education in OC!

2 notes to this topic.

If they push this public property is their property and arrest some one for carrying a firearm on it. There going to have to give away some of their precious revenue to the person who can easily win that lawsuit.

Marc, The guy you sat across the table from at the "Open Carry pizza night" I am sure has open carryed to the Wildwood Starbucks on at least a dozen occasions without any trouble. You can find him on my friend list on facebook.

Doc

Last edited:

mspgunner

2 notes to this topic.

If they push this public property is their property and arrest some one for carrying a firearm on it. There going to have to give away some of their precious revenue to the person who can easily win that lawsuit.

Marc, The guy you sat across the table from at the "Open Carry pizza night" I am sure has open carryed to the Wildwood Starbucks on at least a dozen occasions without any trouble. You can find him on my friend list on facebook.

Doc

That's terrific. Did he have the opportunity to encounter any of Wildwood's finest. Like you, I'd like to see this local law garbage just go away....

YuppieDog

2 notes to this topic.

Doc

Maybe not a dozen, but I OC'd on many occasion at starbucks and several resturants, shops in and around Wildweed.

Looks like the Wildwood PD has bluffed at least 1 person into believing their public property is private property BS and won't open carry.

mspgunner

Public

Looks like the Wildwood PD has bluffed at least 1 person into believing their public property is private property BS and won't open carry.

If he had been approached by a LEO that would help answer the question, or ask the question "Will they enforce".
OK, I can walk down hwy 110 with an AK-47, if no one calls, if you never have an encounter with a LEO it just means I just had a walk down the highway with an AK-47 and no one cared. Which of course is good. I'm not active 2A to just say I did OC in Wildwood and got away with it, I'm active because I'd like to see ANY AND ALL RESTRICTIONS TO "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" be the law of the land. Resolution, interpretation or challange to the Wildwood (and other municipal) restrictions to OC will only be final if the State of Missouri removes their right to prohibit OC or if some body goes to court and judge says OC is OK. Short of those exercising your 2A rights.... It's a good thing. If some one cares to push the enveolope and wishes to give it a go with LEOs, just call them in advance and arrange the encounter. I'm not kidding, Many years ago this was how tresspass law in Missouri was established in relation to rivers and streams. A lawyer was retained, a man met the LOEs at river's edge and was arrested. From there the whole thing went to trial..... and tresspass laws were clear. Again, some one can go the legal route or one day if I'm elected to the City Council all you folks can pack the City Council Chambers, tell your side (and there is video or CD capability) when a City Council person calls for a decision to eliminate the OC regulation from the City of Wildwood.

One way or the other the question can be answered and put to bed.

I'm not dancing around the question, I want to see it resolved 100%

sohighlyunlikely

Again, some one can go the legal route or one day if I'm elected to the City Council all you folks can pack the City Council Chambers, tell your side (and there is video or CD capability) when a City Council person calls for a decision to eliminate the OC regulation from the City of Wildwood.

One way or the other the question can be answered and put to bed.

I'm not dancing around the question, I want to see it resolved 100%

The only problem is there is no regulation against OC in Wildwood. Their is only a rouge police force who is making threats. With cops like that the law is immaterial.

Doc

The only problem is there is no regulation against OC in Wildwood. Their is only a rouge police force who is making threats. With cops like that the law is immaterial.

Doc

What good would packing a council meeting to remove a anti OC regulation if there is no OC regulation to start with. Seems more likey that the need to pack a council meeting to remove a rogue police force instead.