• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have a LONG way to go...

hgreen

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
A few choice quotes- Applicable to their forum topic...

You can't have it both ways sport. Drive with your seat belt with the occasional stop to be checked out or leave your ****ing custom carat home.

If your driving in the publics eye and get stopped what's the big deal with showing identification?

Although the drivers seemed like they wanted to catch some cops and make an internet example out of them; both officers remained professional...

As a car owner having custom wheels out in the open is not a good idea.

They go out in public all modded up? why do you need to show your custom tuner? I can't stand douche bags like that. Defend it all you want but there is no need... I think if people are scared and you are causing a problem then the cop should have the right to tell you to put your car away. These technical laws are stupid. The cop can't look at the VIN number,hahahahha this country is retarded at times.

What a bunch of clowns. Why drive a performance car? So you look cool or what?

The parallels are almost funny- They have a forum dedicated to police encounters/input here...(http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/donut-shop-61/) and do not make the connection even though both performance cars and firearms are regulated under the pretense of public safety- and often these regulations are neither reasonable nor contribute meaningfully to safety.

So just because your performance car is perceived as unsafe, or too loud, or too fast- you should expect to roll over for any police encounter? Do you not have the freedom to travel? Is driving a shiny custom tuner probable cause for police to detain you? Have any of you performance car owners stood up for your rights in the face of a police officer overstepping their authority? Would you?

Harley is right- 90% of the population cannot understand the reason for exercising liberty in this manner, if they have no common ground on which they can relate. Perhaps instead of having our own 'events', we should break out into theirs and draw the parallel for them.

Ca Patriot

I have read SO MANY times critics of open carry say "its stupid to carry a gun openly because criminals will target you".

Really ? Then how come no OC'ers have been targeted yet ?

Criminals like old ladys and sheep who are easy targets and wont put up a fight. Criminals are cowards. The LAST thing a criminal is going to do is see a guy with a gun and target him.

Hell, even when the police see a guy with a gun they roll 20 deep and approach with SWAT teams.

Criminals dont target open carriers.

Army

I find it really funny, in a ''you're a moron'' sort of way, that we in California are seen stupid and crazy for carrying a gun in accordance with the law....but people in Arizona are free and lucky they get to carry in accordance with the law.

Meanwhile, these hot rod guys will not think twice about violating noise laws, speeding laws, etc.

dorks

xnetc9

no no no... criminals don't target UOC'ers. only cops do. cops love something to do because their daily life is so boring having to deal with stupid 911 calls about a squirrel stuck in some tree. cops love a chance to finally unholster their weapon on a law abiding citizen. at the end of the day, they got something to tell their boyfriends.

manly cop: "hey stevie, today we finally made an example of this idiot UOCer"
stevie: "finally some real action! now come over here and show me how you stripped his gun and check his barrel"

i'm kidding cato... seriously, though, i had a whole swat of cops unholster on me and it was a field day for them. i think police helicopters were flying about but not sure...