Thread: Lunar Eclipse Photos...

Lunar Eclipse Photos...

Just thought this would be interesting, to see if anyone else tried to take photos of the eclipse. Unfortunately, the longest lens I have is a 15-80 zoom, so My pics didn't come out very well. I REALLY need to get a Dobsonian telescope and an adapter mount for my DSLR...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eclipse-01.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	4841  
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-21-2010 at 04:53 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Ahh...! A Dobsonian Afficionado!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Just thought this would be interesting, to see if anyone else tried to take photos of the eclipse. Unfortunately, the longest lens I have is a 15-80 zoom, so My pics didn't come out very well. I REALLY need to get a Dobsonian telescope and an adapter mount for my DSLR...
    Lol, Dreaber, jus how bany stos of tkilla hb you bd dkna?

Seriously, I stayed up (then again, I'm often up late).

Dude! You know what a Dobsonian is! Love to introduce you to the CSAS, although I've only tinkered with joining myself, and you're not in Colorado, so...

I spent months helping a teacher grind a lens for his scope back in 1977-'78. Just an 8", but lovingly hand-ground, and laser-polished to exacting standards by a friend he had in the industry. Another friend (I didn't know it at the time, but this guy was very well connected) measured his primary and ground customer objectives.

His was also a Dobsonian, and after hours of looking, we saw more things floating around Jupiter than were supposed to be out there. Now we know there were more things out there than we could see.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Still a pretty cool pic there Dreamer.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Lol, Dreaber, jus how bany stos of tkilla hb you bd dkna?
    Not a drink in weeks...

Just a VERY long day, and very cold fingers, from running ou tinto the parking lot every 30 minutes for 3 hours, snapping pics...

My dream scope is a 12" Dobsonian, with a computerized base, so it will track objects automatically. A Mead Lightbridge would be nice, but they are uber-spendy. If I ever get one, it will probably be an Orion. They are reasonably-priced--even the big ones--and their motorized base is easily controlled by a laptop with pretty sophisticated software.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

mattwestm
    I wish I could have seen it through the awesome Meade telescope on top of Howell Science Complex.