Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Firearm Law Petition and Knife Preemption Petition

  1. #1
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490

    Firearm Law Petition and Knife Preemption Petition

    I was looking around on the internet and I happened to come across this petition. The problem is I don't know how old it is or anything but I figure hey mine as well post it here especially since there is only mine and the creators signature on it. The petition is to allow open carriers (without CPL) to carry in places that serve alcohol the same as CPL holders. It also talked about having a State Preemption law for knifes. Sorry if this is an outdated petition and I'm just too ignorant to realize it and have wasted your time. Thanks

    http://www.petitiononline.com/carrylaw/petition.html

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Quoted from petition :

    That would make it so that hunters,target shooters,and almost every other firearms owner can go pick up a loaf of bread and get some gas without accidentally committing a felony!


    Its not a felony

  3. #3
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    That would make it so that hunters,target shooters,and almost every other firearms owner can go pick up a loaf of bread and get some gas without accidentally committing a felony!


    Its not a felony
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Venator; 12-21-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,321
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I was looking around on the internet and I happened to come across this petition. The problem is I don't know how old it is or anything but I figure hey mine as well post it here especially since there is only mine and the creators signature on it. The petition is to allow open carriers (without CPL) to carry in places that serve alcohol the same as CPL holders. It also talked about having a State Preemption law for knifes. Sorry if this is an outdated petition and I'm just too ignorant to realize it and have wasted your time. Thanks

    http://www.petitiononline.com/carrylaw/petition.html
    don't know if it's outdated or not, but it's poorly written and only 3 people have signed it. i don't know how much credibility online petitions hold.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

  5. #5
    Regular Member xmanhockey7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    1,490
    Maybe we should look into getting our own petition going that is like this.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Taylor, Wayne County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,047

    Question A very young Tyler wrote this I think? Copy write 2007?

    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    don't know if it's outdated or not, but it's poorly written and only 3 people have signed it. i don't know how much credibility online petitions hold.
    Hey SLM,

    This info was at the bottom of the web page:

    The Fix Michigan weapons laws! Petition to State of Michigan was created by and written by Tyler Hilliker (lil_freak_66@yahoo.com). This petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service. There is no endorsement of this petition, express or implied, by Artifice, Inc. or our sponsors. For technical support please use our simple Petition Help form.

    ** No shot at Tyler intended, just saying a good idea tried by someone very young at the time, that is all I'm saying.**
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 12-22-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Clarify reason of post

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Maybe we should look into getting our own petition going that is like this.
    Or people who are interested can copy my bill draft and nag their state reps to sponsor my bill and get it passed. I covered all angles in my bill draft and it would make MI a very knife friendly state and the bill has preemption for all weapons.

    I always bring this up at MOC gatherings when I'm there and I've posted about it many times on here.

    If people are intersted, they should know what to do. I've been trying to get Opsommer to sponser my bill, but if none of you guys email him and ask him then it won't happen

    Who cares about online petitions or whatever, you need to contact your reps.

    Two and a half years ago, I wrote a knife preemption bill, I handed it to a very prominent group in the state. The Senate majority leader said the cimate wasn't right.... 2 years later, more interest gathered and another group rewrote what I wrote, lobbied, and got it passed.... the state was.... Arizona.

    I'm also beginning to work with a couple of guys from the Free State Project who are in the General Court in New Hampshire, it shouldn't be a problem for them to pass a weapons preemption bill and a repeal of all banned "arns".

    It can happen here in MI too but anyone who wants it who hasn't lifted a finger to contact a state rep, needs to take 10 minutes to make it happen.

  8. #8
    Activist Member hamaneggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Or people who are interested can copy my bill draft and nag their state reps to sponsor my bill and get it passed. I covered all angles in my bill draft and it would make MI a very knife friendly state and the bill has preemption for all weapons.

    I always bring this up at MOC gatherings when I'm there and I've posted about it many times on here.

    If people are intersted, they should know what to do. I've been trying to get Opsommer to sponser my bill, but if none of you guys email him and ask him then it won't happen

    Who cares about online petitions or whatever, you need to contact your reps.

    Two and a half years ago, I wrote a knife preemption bill, I handed it to a very prominent group in the state. The Senate majority leader said the cimate wasn't right.... 2 years later, more interest gathered and another group rewrote what I wrote, lobbied, and got it passed.... the state was.... Arizona.

    I'm also beginning to work with a couple of guys from the Free State Project who are in the General Court in New Hampshire, it shouldn't be a problem for them to pass a weapons preemption bill and a repeal of all banned "arns".

    It can happen here in MI too but anyone who wants it who hasn't lifted a finger to contact a state rep, needs to take 10 minutes to make it happen.
    So let us read it,copy it and send it to our Reps.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

    NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    So let us read it,copy it and send it to our Reps.

    The Bill draft can be found in my thread

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...nives-on-a-CPL

    Venator brought it up here as well, but I dont think the bill draft is in the link below, just more history

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d-for-Michigan

    I've beat this issue into the ground with Rep Opsommer to get him to sponsor the bill, he is probably tired of hearing from me and NEEDS TO HEAR FROM OTHER PEOPLE. My thinking is after he gets swamped with requests for the bill, then we can let our reps know, because until he sponsors the bill, there is no bill to support.

  10. #10
    Activist Member hamaneggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    warren, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The Bill draft can be found in my thread

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...nives-on-a-CPL

    Venator brought it up here as well, but I dont think the bill draft is in the link below, just more history

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...d-for-Michigan

    I've beat this issue into the ground with Rep Opsommer to get him to sponsor the bill, he is probably tired of hearing from me and NEEDS TO HEAR FROM OTHER PEOPLE. My thinking is after he gets swamped with requests for the bill, then we can let our reps know, because until he sponsors the bill, there is no bill to support.
    Is he the only Rep that can sponsor the bill?
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

    NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    Is he the only Rep that can sponsor the bill?
    No, I've sent it to Jones as well but Opsommer is a true 2A supporter and is probably the best person to get the ball rolling. By all means, if anyone is friendly with other reps, please try to get them on board.

    The more people pushing this, the better.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    I hope it goes through, that way I can get a bayonet on my XD sub .40

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Taylor, Wayne County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,047

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I hope it goes through, that way I can get a bayonet on my XD sub .40
    ROFLMAO! OMG too funny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •