• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOLDER WARNS OF THREAT WITHIN, 'RADICAL' CITIZENS H/T Drudge

__

Banned
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/atto...id=12444727&tqkw=&tqshow=GMA&tqkw=&tqshow=GMA
AG Holder said:
"The ability to go into your basement, turn on your computer, find a site that has this kind of hatred spewed ... they have an ability to take somebody who is perhaps just interested, perhaps just on the edge, and take them over to the other side," he said.

To combat the threat of Americans turning to al Qaeda and violence, the United States is monitoring scores of radicals and has set up stings to blunt the threat.

eye95

Not a revelation. Domestic al Qaeda have been around for years and trying to pull off terrorist attacks.

Not startling enough to warrant caps in the thread title.

aadvark

Holder will Say anything to further His Personnal Agenda concerning Firearms.

NRAMARINE

Problem is, this is just the beginning. Holder and his boss want to control the internet. They have never made that a secret. He was even quoted saying" Too much information can be a bad thing." If he can set a precedent to monitor and regulate one group of Americans, where will it stop? It is in fact a slippery slope.

Dreamer

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: No changing other posters words ... even in jest.

Last edited:
M

McX

on the first day of Christmas the government took from me.......

Nevada carrier

It would be foolish to think that this site has not come under some form of government scrutiny, however we have an overwhelmingly positive format. We're well moderated and anyone who propagates or encourages terrorism here would be promptly removed and or reported to the authorities. Additionally, it would be foolish to think that the views expressed here are not being analyzed by those in the gun control lobby or agencies of the state or federal government to strengthen their arguments. The fist step in formulating an argument is to know what the opposition can use to counter.

M

McX

i heard on talk radio the list they put out on what to look for in a terrorist, dig this crap!

wears jeans
is polite
looks normal

boys, all i can say is were all them, and were all screwed!

Dreamer

Holder says many of these converts to al Qaeda have something in common: a link to radical cleric Anwar Al Awlaki, an American citizen himself.

And he forgot the other link with Awlaki. That he was having lunch in the Pentagon just MONTHS after 9/11 with top intelligence officials...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/21/national/main6978200.shtml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laki-invited-Pentagon-lunch-9-11-attacks.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/20/al-qaeda-terror-leader-dined-pentagon-months/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nted_by_the_cia_ate_lunch_at_pentagon_af.html

And of course, we won't mention the fact that Al-CIAduh was started as a CIA-funded, trained, and equipped covert force against the Russians in Afghanistan in the late 1970's and that most of the top "officials" in AL-CIAduh have been on the CIA payroll at one time or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnV_pNe_BB0

War is BIG business, folks. And the "military-industrial complex" and the International Banksters are burning BOTH ends of this bloody little candle...

les_aker

And of course, we won't mention the fact that Al-CIAduh was started as a CIA-funded, trained, and equipped covert force against the Russians in Afghanistan in the late 1970's and that most of the top "officials" in AL-CIAduh have been on the CIA payroll at one time or another.

That is more than a little bit over the top. How about we don't engage in the same type of information campaign as Eric Holder.

since9

Campaign Veteran
on the first day of Christmas the government took from me.......

Yep. The erosion of our freedoms always begins with one outstanding-sounding justification or other of our rights "in the best interests of our safety." Then another. And another...

Before you know it, we're back into rising crime, like that being experienced in Australia and England, and in the end, we're neither safe, nor free. If we ever allow a government to do this, we deserve both sad states of affairs, as it will have been our own dang fault!

As John Adams said, "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." From his notes for an oration at Braintree (Spring 1772)

Please note John Adams was not talking about a man endangering the public safety. Rather, he was talking about a man of power endangering the public liberty, any cessation of our freedoms, and all the rights supporting those freedoms, no matter what.

It's our freedoms, and not government "protections," which lead to our safety. It's our freedom to keep and bear arms which keeps criminals at bay. It's the consistant restoration of our right to keep and bear arms which has resulted in a consistant drop in crime.

Reducing any of our rights, only threatens our liberty, and by way of that, our freedoms, and eventually our safety.

Dreamer

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Exactly. We should use rationality to separate us from the antis.

Indeed, and that's why I renew my assertion that the 9/11 "truth" movement is a tool funded by the international marxists for the specific purpose of infiltrating conservative groups (or any group that opposes their "utopian" lunacy) in order to marginalize them and trivialize their causes.

Are you saying that Zbigniew Brzezinski is a liar?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Zbigniew_Brzezinski__How_Jimmy_Carter_and_I_Started_the_Mujahideen

There is nothing in this obscure article that details anything you assert, that's even assuming it has anymore credibilty that "infohypes"

If you can prove anything I've stated above as incorrect, please enlighten us.

Ad hominem attacks don't work here--CITE PLEASE...

There is no need for me to cite or prove anything, because anyone who still needs reality explained to then isn't worth the time. If there was even the slightest shread of credible proof that 9/11 was a conspiracy involving anyone with a Common Access Card or had EVER printed or cashed a treasury check, it would have been used to indict them and their bosses. Yet to this very date not one single judge has entertained this nonsense, and not one legitamite news service will even publish it. 9/11 conspiracies have been debunked, ad nauseum, to the sounds of moonbats wailing "government shill!!!" and the gnashing of teeth from lunatics like Gary Busy, Rosie O'donnel, Jessie Ventura, and Jenine Garafalo. Lets not forget Capt Alex BS Jones of the tin foil hat brigades. No one who professes to believe this garbage has grip on reality, and every single truther I've ever talked to has a cult like devotion to it.

It's really pathetic, and it's getting quite old. I really wish the mods would put an end to it, because I am sick to death of seeing people who served in whatever capacity in the CIA impugned with such completely absurd lies.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Indeed, and that's why I renew my assertion that the 9/11 "truth" movement is a tool funded by the international marxists for the specific purpose of infiltrating conservative groups (or any group that opposes their "utopian" lunacy) in order to marginalize them and trivialize their causes.

While I agree with you that the 9/11 conspiracy theories are pure bunk, I think what you just stated is a conspiracy theory of a different kind, and a huge leap from them merely being bunk.

As per Occam's razor, I believe it far more likely that some people can't accept the fact that our government's intelligence triad in place at the time failed because they were too busy building empires and playing power games to share key information between which would have allowed the FBI to stop the perps before that dreadful day. So instead, they choose to believe our government hatched the plan itself.

Put another way, a well-organized group of terrorists outfoxed our government's best and brightest because the latter were too refusing to share their toys, and because that's too incredulous for some, they invented an alternate reality more palatable to their way of thinking.

I just hope the triad has learned to share over the last decade, and that gestures to do so are genuine, not merely token. A repeat because they hadn't would be a huge shame.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
While I agree with you that the 9/11 conspiracy theories are pure bunk, I think what you just stated is a conspiracy theory of a different kind, and a huge leap from them merely being bunk.

As per Occam's razor, I believe it far more likely that some people can't accept the fact that our government's intelligence triad in place at the time failed because they were too busy building empires and playing power games to share key information between which would have allowed the FBI to stop the perps before that dreadful day. So instead, they choose to believe our government hatched the plan itself.

Put another way, a well-organized group of terrorists outfoxed our government's best and brightest because the latter were too refusing to share their toys, and because that's too incredulous for some, they invented an alternate reality more palatable to their way of thinking.

I just hope the triad has learned to share over the last decade, and that gestures to do so are genuine, not merely token. A repeat because they hadn't would be a huge shame.

It's just the impression I get. Everytime this crowd of malcontents gets involved deeply in certain candidates they sink. Ron Paul is a good example, Debra Medina is another.

Yes it's another conspiracy theory of a different sort, but I think it's far more plausible than 100's of CIA agents going rouge, and secretly wiring 2 enormous buildings for demolition without anyone noticing the extensive work that would have to take place. It would also require all of the investigators, first responders, and media to be in on it. It blows me away that people believe this nonsense, and when faced with someone who argues with them, their knee jerk reaction is to imply that person is a shill, a sheep, or needs to "wake up".

For that matter guys like Soros aren't even trying to hide a lot of their funding into nefarious leftist groups. So that wouldn't be a conspiracy. I can easily see such people funding these 9/11 groups for similar reasons. The rest of your post is right on.

les_aker

Are you saying that Zbigniew Brzezinski is a liar?

I said that what you posted was more than a little over the top. And it was. While you may choose to believe it, the reality of the situation is quite clear. The US Government provided support for groups that were fighting the FUSSR military forces that had invaded Afghanistan. The creation of "the base" by ObL has been fairly well documented, as has the creation of the Taliban by the Pakistani ISI.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

I won't speak to the 9-11 stuff. I will say that the CIA, in what our government believes to be rightous actions, has also caused much enmity with foreign entities who were at the time ostensibly our allies.

Arming the Afghans is one example. CIA and special forces training in Vietnam was another. We trained, armed and supplied groups who our government felt would advance our interests in a region. Often, we at some point would withdraw this support, leaving the locals at the mercy of those we were against. This leaves bad feelings and lack of trust of the USA.

Remember, Sadam was an ally for many years, as his regime was not overtly Radical Islamist. The Shah of Iran had full US support so we could gain oil and airbases for the US. We turned a blind eye to many of the Shah's abuses of power leaving the door open for the radical religionists to usurp him and bring about the new regime of the ayahtollahs.

There is no free lunch. Also, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Also, follow the money. Arms sales are big, big business. The US, in trying to be a world peacekeeper to promote profits to industry, has in fact contributed to instability in other countries. Just sayin'. Would not trade my citizenship for any other country.....yet!