• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illegally Detained 12/21/10 - Fairfax County Police/Mason District

GULCer

I was illegally detained this morning by 3 Fairfax County Police officers for open carrying. I have a voice recording of most of the encounter. All 3 officers are from the George Mason District. After being released I went and talked to their supervisor.

For obvious reasons I will not be posting any more details at this time. I will update after I get all the info I will be requesting through the FOIA request and finalize my formal complaint.

eye95

I was illegally detained this morning by 3 Fairfax County Police officers for open carrying. I have a voice recording of most of the encounter. All 3 officers are from the George Mason District. After being released I went and talked to their supervisor.

For obvious reasons I will not be posting any more details at this time. I will update after I get all the info I will be requesting through the FOIA request and finalize my formal complaint.

Since you have the recording and since you have announced publicly that you have the recording, it will become public record in any proceeding that either they or you bring. You might as well post it.

IANAL

wylde007

Doctor

That's what they call the guy who graduates last in his class at medical school.

Ever notice how psychiatry students tend to self-diagnose?

Just sayin'. Good luck.

eye95

As my username suggests, I am pretty sure I know the law regarding these issues. :) I will not be releasing stuff bit by bit. Everything will be done at once as stated in the OP.

You are already releasing stuff bit-by-bit. Your first post is a release of information.

Whatever. Moving on.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
This is most disturbing. If this is the precinct I suspect it is, that is where VCDL meetings are held (anyone please feel free to correct me if I am in error on this). At these meetings, there can be well over 50 armed citizens present.

I anxiously await hearing more about this encounter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is most disturbing. If this is the precinct I suspect it is, that is where VCDL meetings are held (anyone please feel free to correct me if I am in error on this). At these meetings, there can be well over 50 armed citizens present.

I anxiously await hearing more about this encounter.

It is the same.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Postcard Sent!

really.jpg

Mt Vernon .40

This is disappointing. I've had great experiences with FCPD

It'd be disappointing if true ...

However since the OP is unwilling to share any particulars whatsoever ...

"... For obvious reasons I will not be posting any more details at this time. I will update after I get all the info I will be requesting through the FOIA request and finalize my formal complaint ... "

... I'm guessing we can ignore this one at least until late-Winter.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Geese Ed. Why are you sending postcards on unverified complaints? Why not wait until you know enough about the incident to be indignant?

TFred

Geese Ed. Why are you sending postcards on unverified complaints? Why not wait until you know enough about the incident to be indignant?
1. Ed sent a post card with more details than the OP posted.
2. There have been no deleted posts from this thread.
3. The OP has not edited any of his posts in this thread.

Conclusion #1: Ed has some additional information that came from somewhere other than this thread.

Conclusion #2: Ed is making stuff up.

I doubt it's #2.

TFred