• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illegally Detained 12/21/10 - Fairfax County Police/Mason District

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
By the way, I'm not saying that making jokes about Penny Gross is helpful in any way or even a good idea; I just believe that there isn't much, if anything, else she can legally do to hurt us. I'm sure that she will continue to support the same anti-gun agenda that the Fairfax County Board brings to the GA every year, but I can't imagine that there is anything she can do to stop us from conducting our meetings at "her office."

Considering that it is a municipally owned property, I would concur and in spite of what she may think, that building is NOT her private fiefdom.

If we can't poke and joke about politicians then things have deteriorated a lot more than I would have believed. Ms Gross is fair game precisely because of who and what she is.

palerider116

Considering that it is a municipally owned property, I would concur and in spite of what she may think, that building is NOT her private fiefdom.

If we can't poke and joke about politicians then things have deteriorated a lot more than I would have believed. Ms Gross is fair game precisely because of who and what she is.

+1

She may end up passing Alien and Sedition Acts for Fairfax, but we will see.

CharleyMarbles

Are you sure you KNOW WHAT she is ????? I'll tell you right now she AIN'T NO SOUTHERN BELLE ! ! ! ! ! !

SicSemperTyrannis

I guess I am little embarrassed to read pages of insults about what someone looks like. Besides being seriously off-topic, it is rude, regardless of her political views. Worse, it makes us look bad.

TFred

I guess I am little embarrassed to read pages of insults about what someone looks like. Besides being seriously off-topic, it is rude, regardless of her political views. Worse, it makes us look bad.
That is much more "to the point" of what I was trying to say... and in addition to all that, it's also quite clearly in violation of the Forum Rules:

(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.​

One's personal appearance clearly has nothing to do with one's opposition to gun rights.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is much more "to the point" of what I was trying to say... and in addition to all that, it's also quite clearly in violation of the Forum Rules:
(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.​
One's personal appearance clearly has nothing to do with one's opposition to gun rights.

TFred

You make a good point TFred.

Nevertheless, I would fully understand wanting to see a cartoon characterization - for editorial purposes ONLY of course.

TFred

You make a good point TFred.

Nevertheless, I would fully understand wanting to see a cartoon characterization - for editorial purposes ONLY of course.
I'm definitely not trying to be the "forum police", or whatever other flattering euphemism one might think of... It just seems to me that anti-gunners don't like us already, we don't need to add "and besides all that, they're jerks" to their ammo pouch.

Dennis Prager, a fairly well known conservative columnist and radio host, has observed:

Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.​

With this in mind, the more I see and read about interactions between the two political "ends", the more I believe he is exactly right.

Anything we can do to dispel the ideas that anti-gunners assume to be true about "us", is effort well spent.

All, IMHO, of course... :)

TFred

P.S. Further research reveals it was Charles Krauthammer who said this... not Dennis Prager... apologies all around...

P.S. (2) More evidence of this from Dennis Prager (this article is probably what I was originally thinking of).

Last edited:

Thundar

Sic Semper,

You are absolutely correct. When it comes to personal liberty Ms Penny does not have the cognitive ability that God gave rabbits, but that handicap is unrelated to her less than appealing physical appearance.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sic Semper,

You are absolutely correct. When it comes to personal liberty Ms Penny does not have the cognitive ability that God gave rabbits, but that handicap is unrelated to her less than appealing physical appearance.

shocked-smiley-9451.gif

.................................:lol:

TFred

Ok.. It's been a week. I know the holidays are busy but I still expect to be replied to when I write to someone directly. Looks like I will have to call this guy or pay him a visit. I asked him for an explanation and I want it. I carry in that area and in that same station and have a valid concern.
I agree, especially in the cases of public officials.

I've written people, sometimes hard copy letters, and sometimes e-mails... still listening to the crickets.

I plan to follow up with more direct communications.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
With all due respect, the mail has been a little funky this time of the year.
Just received a letter mailed locally, dated 12/22 in the mail yesterday.

Sheriff

With all due respect, the mail has been a little funky this time of the year.
Just received a letter mailed locally, dated 12/22 in the mail yesterday.

I think it will get worse before it gets better. The Sandston sorting and distribution center is sorting mail for all the other facilities the Post Office recently closed in Virginia. I heard they will soon be taking on Norfolk and eastern shore mail to sort also.

What they are really doing is closing other centers hoping people will take early retirement or resign rather than driving to Sandston to work every day. With mail volume dramatically down due to the Internet, they have more employees than they now need.

Most of my J C Penney special offers are expired before I even receive them in the mail now.