• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Allis committee tables proposal to restrict gun shops

protias

This is starting to cause some issues because of a school across the street, Should be interesting.

Starting? It only appeared to be an issue because some are feel-gooders who, for some reason, think that guns cause crime or shootings just randomly happen. As soon as I find out when they open and their hours, I'm going to there.

TimboSlice

Starting? It only appeared to be an issue because some are feel-gooders who, for some reason, think that guns cause crime or shootings just randomly happen. As soon as I find out when they open and their hours, I'm going to there.

Sorry, I worded that wrong then. I agree with you. I will shop there as well.

protias

No sir, I will admit I am a newbie. Im picking up my gun today after work. I purchased it at the gun show this weekend.(Waukesha) Very excited and hope to be active with you guys.

Well, there should be a carry event at the Starbuck in Delevan first Sunday in January. There are many who are willing to help "newbies" out if they are sort of afraid to carry by themselves (I am one who will do that), see the sticky. My signature has a lot of good information in it. Also, if you have questions, do not be afraid to ask. Also, welcome to the group. Lots of fine men and women here.

Last edited:

TimboSlice

Well, there should be a carry event at the Starbuck in Delevan first Sunday in January. There are many who are willing to help "newbies" out if they are sort of afraid to carry by themselves (I am one who will do that), see the sticky. My signature has a lot of good information in it. Also, if you have questions, do not be afraid to ask. Also, welcome to the group. Lots of fine men and women here.

I appreciate that, I hope not to get to far off topic here. Its not that im afraid, I just dont know the basics. Ya know?

protias

I appreciate that, I hope not to get to far off topic here. Its not that im afraid, I just dont know the basics. Ya know?

Not a problem. If you have a question, just ask.

Now back to the topic at hand. I have no idea how the city allowed this store to be there and THEN it became an issue. I highly doubt it this store will be an issue. In another thread (can't remember which one), someone said a candy store would be a bigger risk as candy causes tooth decay, which is far more troublesome for the children than the law abiding.

HandyHamlet

In another thread (can't remember which one), someone said a candy store would be a bigger risk as candy causes tooth decay, which is far more troublesome for the children than the law abiding.

Is West Allis some sort of Shangi-La where they can afford to get their panties in a bunch over this?

(not the candy store, the gun store)

Last edited:

protias

Is West Allis some sort of Shangi-La where they can afford to get their panties in a bunch over this?

Apparently. Or people could drive a few miles to go to Shooters Shop...I don't see the difference which store they go to. Even if a criminal were to purchase a gun in a firearm store, a few miles isn't going to make a bit of difference.

oak1971

Most city councils are dominated by liberals. Liberals live for getting their panties in a wad. It's one of the few things they do well.

M

McX

they's just ignant, what they meant was they wanted tables in gun shops!

Krusty

Committee members think such an ordinance likely would face a court challenge and could not pass constitutional muster, said Ald. Tom Lajsic, chairman of the committee.

Their own committee has decided that they are violating the law by pushing this issue. Maybe they should OBEY the law and dissolve this committee! It should have never been formed to start with.