Thread: The High Road forums transition to GunRightsMedia.com

The High Road forums transition to GunRightsMedia.com

Per this post from Oleg Volk earlier this evening:

A web forum on the move

One of my forums which formerly resided at thehighroad.us has moved to gunrightsmedia.com. Please update your bookmarks and mention this on your own blogs. Because of the short notice for this move, I could use the publicity to help members find the new location.

For those who have been following, Mr. Volk has settled his lawsuit with the guy who stole his domain at The High Road. As with most such settlements, the terms are confidential beyond Mr. Volk saying that the thief did pay him to settle. (I guess it's not hard to pick out my bias here, huh... well, I never claimed to be a journalist! I simply believe Mr. Volk's account of the incident.)

You can read Mr. Volk's announcement here.

TFred

I am glad that Oleg got a settlement he was happy with but I will NEVER, EVER post at thehighroad.org again! Derek's actions were unforgivable!

Banned
    I had never visited either site until now. The sites are clearly distinct, yet are eerily alike. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I had never visited either site until now. The sites are clearly distinct, yet are eerily alike. What happened?
    Oleg gave administrator powers to one of his moderators who subsequently locked him out and transfered the domain into his own name, effectively stealing the site.

John

I think he was one of the people Oleg asked to help develope the site. He felt that since he was involved he had equal ownership. Kinda like me helping you build a house then moving in and transfering the title to me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Oleg gave administrator powers to one of his moderators who subsequently locked him out and transfered the domain into his own name, effectively stealing the site.

John
    He might have had a case for shared ownership, but when he acted unilaterally, that was, IMO, theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

John
    Ouch! Sounds like he definitely took the low road. When I hear stories like this, I'm floored that people would do something so petty, and for what? Sure, it's a pain to regain control (I had a domain that was stolen once), but when I think about the responsibilites I was given in the business I was in, well, perhaps... Oh, heck, I don't know. The least amount of responsibility I've held was looking out for 30 kids swimming in a pool. From what I understand, Ronald Reagan started as a lifeguard, too, so perhaps I have a future after all...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.