• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The High Road forums transition to GunRightsMedia.com

TFred

Per this post from Oleg Volk earlier this evening:

A web forum on the move

One of my forums which formerly resided at thehighroad.us has moved to gunrightsmedia.com. Please update your bookmarks and mention this on your own blogs. Because of the short notice for this move, I could use the publicity to help members find the new location.​

For those who have been following, Mr. Volk has settled his lawsuit with the guy who stole his domain at The High Road. As with most such settlements, the terms are confidential beyond Mr. Volk saying that the thief did pay him to settle. (I guess it's not hard to pick out my bias here, huh... well, I never claimed to be a journalist! I simply believe Mr. Volk's account of the incident.)

You can read Mr. Volk's announcement here.

TFred

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad that Oleg got a settlement he was happy with but I will NEVER, EVER post at thehighroad.org again! Derek's actions were unforgivable! :mad:

eye95

I had never visited either site until now. The sites are clearly distinct, yet are eerily alike. What happened?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I had never visited either site until now. The sites are clearly distinct, yet are eerily alike. What happened?

Oleg gave administrator powers to one of his moderators who subsequently locked him out and transfered the domain into his own name, effectively stealing the site.

John

carracer

I think he was one of the people Oleg asked to help develope the site. He felt that since he was involved he had equal ownership. Kinda like me helping you build a house then moving in and transfering the title to me!

eye95

Oleg gave administrator powers to one of his moderators who subsequently locked him out and transfered the domain into his own name, effectively stealing the site.

John

He might have had a case for shared ownership, but when he acted unilaterally, that was, IMO, theft.

since9

Campaign Veteran

John

Ouch! Sounds like he definitely took the low road. When I hear stories like this, I'm floored that people would do something so petty, and for what? Sure, it's a pain to regain control (I had a domain that was stolen once), but when I think about the responsibilites I was given in the business I was in, well, perhaps... Oh, heck, I don't know. The least amount of responsibility I've held was looking out for 30 kids swimming in a pool. From what I understand, Ronald Reagan started as a lifeguard, too, so perhaps I have a future after all...