• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW TO SITE AND OC'ing. :D [FIRST OC]

ehewitt1990

hello alll, i'm new to the site and just wanted to give a little background...

i am 20 years old and have been around guns all my life. have gone shooting regularly since i can remember. i currently am OC'ing my first handgun. given to me by my father as an early christmas present. it is a ruger p90. :D

i didn't really have any negativity with my first OC, other then the random looks. the girlfriend did say that on her way to the bathroom a husband said to his wife "oh look hunny that man has a gun" haha. thought that was funny. also had some 16 year old kid ask me what i was carrying. i told him and he said "yeah, thats cool. i have a 9, nothing awesome like yours though" the way he was talking i know he probably knew nothing about guns. since he didn't say what brand or model it was. just "a 9"....didn't call him on it though.

i love the website and am looking forward to the future conversations to be had on it.

will update on any new or weird OC stories i come across.

AZkopper

Congratulations on excersising your Rights! Make sure you know (the few) Arizona laws on firearms and (the few) infringements on them. Especially be aware (as a 20 year old) of what is considered concealed. Please ask any questions you have, there are many knowledgegable people here.

rickc1962

Welcome aboard! I open carry everwhare I go, and have been doing so for many years now, the more you do it the more it will become second nature, I now don`t even think about strapping on my gun belt and leaving the house. Again welcome to the world of freedom, carry often!

ehewitt1990

thanks for the welcome. i have read ARS 13 3102, and also have read almost every thread on here with OC questions. so i am pretty sure i know where i can OC and what is considered CC and not OC. :)

i will make sure to ask any future questions i have. as well as any interesting OC stories.

mFonz77

Welcome! Remember Homer Simpson's advice:

"A gun is not a weapon, Marge. It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or... uh, a... an alligator."
"This is the trigger...this is the end you point at whatever you want to die."