• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in a area posted No guns

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
True, or even with no signage at all. The code is silent when it comes to sign requirements in locations where firearms are prohibited.

And I would prefer it stay that way. See no benefit to giving potentially more legal authority to such signage.

aadvark

It is Legal to Open Carry in EVERY Public Building Owned by The CommonWealth of Virginia AND its SubDivsions, including Independent Cities, except: 1. CourtHouses, per Virginia Code 18.2-283.1; 2. Air Port Terminals, per Virginia Code 18.2-287.01; AND 3. Schools, K-12, per Virginia Code 18.2-308.1.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is Legal to Open Carry in EVERY Public Building Owned by The CommonWealth of Virginia AND its SubDivsions, including Independent Cities, except: 1. CourtHouses, per Virginia Code 18.2-283.1; 2. Air Port Terminals, per Virginia Code 18.2-287.01; AND 3. Schools, K-12, per Virginia Code 18.2-308.1.

Well kinda, sorta, mostly.

Not, jails, DOC facilities, secure areas of police stations - then there is the yet to be resolved issue of state universities. Also cannot carry in the GA Building or Capital except with a permit.

TFred

True, or even with no signage at all. The code is silent when it comes to sign requirements in locations where firearms are prohibited.

And I would prefer it stay that way. See no benefit to giving potentially more legal authority to such signage.
I agree very much here... we don't want this to become a new "gun law". It's much better to leave it as it is now, a simple trespass issue.

TFred

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Well kinda, sorta, mostly.

Not, jails, DOC facilities, secure areas of police stations - then there is the yet to be resolved issue of state universities. Also cannot carry in the GA Building or Capital except with a permit.

+1 As Grapeshot said, not exactly.

Aadvark, you need to be careful with blanket statements like that, not only for yourself but for others reading it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
+1 As Grapeshot said, not exactly.

Aadvark, you need to be careful with blanket statements like that, not only for yourself but for others reading it.

Not to mention state offices themselves. Preemption only covers sub divisions, not the state government.

Mike Frye

I stray away from many on this issue. You can be arrested on sight if the sign is worded correctly and properly posted. No other warning is needed.

It's also plain bad manners to go on private property and deliberately break the rules the owner has set.

You have another thread here you might want to finish up before asking another question in another direction. I think you were asked what part of VB the problem with your son took place.
Sir why are you so hard pressed to find out this info, I don't see the need for you to know this info sound to me like your digging? have a good day.

TFred

Sir why are you so hard pressed to find out this info, I don't see the need for you to know this info sound to me like your digging? have a good day.
Dude, where ya been? Pretty much everyone wanted to know more about this info, and your lack of a response has pretty much killed your reputation around here. You need to do some catch-up reading, and a whole ton of explaining. If you care to attract any helpful attention anyway.

I don't particularly care myself, just letting you know.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I stray away from many on this issue. You can be arrested on sight if the sign is worded correctly and properly posted. No other warning is needed.

It's also plain bad manners to go on private property and deliberately break the rules the owner has set.

You have another thread here you might want to finish up before asking another question in another direction. I think you were asked what part of VB the problem with your son took place.

No one is "hard pressed" but we do have a concern for truth and veracity. Seen more than a few BS stories and when someone is unwilling to provide the most basic information regarding the where and when particulars it casts doubt on both the event and the poster.

Perhaps a better question might be, why do you not respond?

palerider116

No one is "hard pressed" but we do have a concern for truth and veracity. Seen more than a few BS stories and when someone is unwilling to provide the most basic information regarding the where and when particulars it casts doubt on both the event and the poster.

Perhaps a better question might be, why do you not respond?

+1

Very accurate assessment

mobeewan

You are the one who brought it up. You are the one who dangled the carrot. Now you are acting like it is no ones business.

nuc65

Activist Member
Maybe he is in a sensitive position and cannot respond. Such as a supervisor of the newly created Sully District in Fairfax Cty? Of course this is purely speculation on my part.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe he is in a sensitive position and cannot respond. Such as a supervisor of the newly created Sully District in Fairfax Cty? Of course this is purely speculation on my part.

Click on his profile - that is not speculation.