• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Fear the Boom and Bust" a Hayek vs. Keynes Rap Anthem

Dreamer

ROTFLMAO!!!

Frederick E. Hayek's book "The Road to Serfdom" should be REQUIRED reading for all citizens.

J.M.Keynes' theories should only be taught in Economics schools as a lesson in "this is how it SHOULDN'T be done"...

Keynes' theories were extensions of the theories of Thomas Malthus. The same Malthus who was an ardent eugenicist, influenced Darwin's theory of "natural selection", and helped the British government develop the slums and food distribution plans in London for the factory workers at the beginning of the industrial revolution. He posited that the housing for these workers should be build in the most swampy, wet parts of London and their food supply should be kept at a bare subsistence level, so there would be more disease and illness, thereby keeping them in poor health and limiting lifespan so they would die off before reaching retirement age...

Keynes was a Fascist of the worst stripe and a eugenicist. He is a "darling" of the Anglo-American "ruling elite" for good reason--his theories validate their continued existence and unbridled expansion of "power over."

Brimstone Baritone

I laugh every time I see this.

The problem with Keynes' theories is that under the right circumstances they do work. Short term thinking, in economics or in politics, causes more problems down the road than it solves in the short term.