Thread: Firearms instructors have been supportive of OC &/or Constitutional Carry?

Firearms instructors have been supportive of OC &/or Constitutional Carry?

I have noticed that a lot of people here have been replying how not many Firearms Instructors, Gun Stores, ect have been supportive of OC &/or Constitutional carry. I'm not surprised... I have not been one to support those who do not support all aspects of gun culture.

In saying this I want to let everyone know there are local Firearms Instructors out there that do support Wisconsin OC & Constitutional carry, and all aspects of gun culture!

Great River Tactical LLC
    www.greatrivertactical.com

Every one of us from GRT will help in our own way to overcome this distraction of permit only system. GRT as a company will begin effective immediately utilizing our web site to help the cause. I also pledge, as owner of GRT, that we will not teach, sell, or advertise for anyone who does teach mandatory training of CCW.

We set ourselves apart from the rest by using real life, scenario based training. We teach, coach, and mentor before, during, and after all of our class’s. If anyone has questions, comments, and or concerns please feel free to contact us at:

LaValley@greatrivertactical.com
    Bina@greatrivertactical.com
    training@greatrivertactical.com
    jobs@greatrivertactical.com

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GRT Logo.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	4869  
    David LaValley

Owner/Instructor

Greatriverrivertactical.com
    LaValley@greatrivertactical.com

"Proudly supporting Wi CC & OC"

I will have to check your site out later tonight when I have some time.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Thanks for the post David.

I've noticed that as knowledge about OC and unlicensed carry become more mainstream more and more instructors are including it in their curriculum. It was more ignorance than opposition that kept them from discussing it.

Ask any of my Clients; a good percentage of class room time is devoted to OC and how not to get your self in trouble with LEO's.

I believe we should be able to carry any way we desire.

I have spent a lot of time on both sides of the table, training and being trained.

My spin is you get out of training what you put into it. If you take training because you are forced into it, the training will not be very beneficial.

If you take training to better your skills then it's priceless.

JMHO

I have not been one to support those who do not support all aspects of gun culture.

Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 12-23-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Ask any of my Clients; a good percentage of class room time is devoted to OC and how not to get your self in trouble with LEO's.

I have spent a lot of time on both sides of the table, training and being trained.

My spin is you get out of training what you put into it. If you take training because you are forced into it, the training will not be very beneficial.

JMHO
    Well said!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by JJC;

JMHO
    I could not agree more.
    Everybody should want to get more training, nobody should be forced into more training.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 12-24-2010 at 12:07 AM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by jjc View Post
    ask any of my clients; a good percentage of class room time is devoted to oc and how not to get your self in trouble with leo's.

Jmho
    Bravo!!!!
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 12-23-2010 at 11:23 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

+1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.