• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

While passing out pamphlets....

littlewolf

While passing out some flyer's to Tactical Weapons Systems in Rosholt, I had a interesting conversation with the owner , he said he is all for cc but wants mandatory training ," can't have idiots running around with guns" he then says he doesn't know why people oc because you can't carry loaded and "that's illegal ya know" and if you get caught cc'n or with a loaded gun in your vehicle it's a class E felony, "you won't go to jail but you will pay a big fine", he also tells me there is no need to carry in bigger cities , ? no four legged wolves there I guess. Man does this guy need a refresher course or what?
Poor guy didn't believe a thing I told him. What do ya do with some one like that ?

Last edited:
M

McX

While passing out some flyer's to Tactical Weapons Systems in Rosholt, I had a interesting conversation with the owner , he said he is all for cc but wants mandatory training ," can't have idiots running around with guns" he then says he doesn't know why people oc because you can't carry loaded and "that's illegal ya know" and if you get caught cc'n or with a loaded gun in your vehicle it's a class E felony, "you won't go to jail but you will pay a big fine", he also tells me there is no need to carry in bigger cities , ? no four legged wolves there I guess. Man does this guy need a refresher course or what?
Poor guy didn't believe a thing I told him. What do ya do with some one like that ?

as taken from a recent conversation with my father in law:

you dont need to carry a gun, your chances of needing it are as much as you winning the lottery.

I am paranoid of you carrying your gun around me.

only thing i could think of, but didnt say; he 'dad' let me hit that joint, must be realy good poop you got there!

so then i looked up paranoid, cause i'm stupid and only have a high school education. interesting definition, i recommend everyone look it up!

HandyHamlet

..." can't have idiots running around with guns" he then says he doesn't know why people oc ...

Must be the theme of the day.

The thing I can't wrap my head around is the business aspect of it.

If I sell things for a living why would I do everything in my power to not sell things?
:confused:

LR Yote 312

he also tells me there is no need to carry in bigger cities , ? no four legged wolves there I guess. Man does this guy need a refresher course or what?

Tell him to move to the City...apparently all the cow/bullsh+t fumes are gettin to him.

Hard to fix stupid.

+1000

Life is hard...even harder if your stupid.

LR Yote

littlewolf

This guy was a real treat ,I think he said he just moved up to Rosholt from Portage or some where near there,anyone ever do business with him?

Beretta-m9

apparently it's ok for them to sell guns though.

XDFDE45

Yet another one for the "Mandatory training". Why is it that some people are continuing to push for this? I fail to see why it is "mandatory" for me to take a training course to exercise my constitutional right. If I want to get a CCW permit for a state that mandates training then fine, I'll take the course. Any training will be of my choosing, if and when I decide to.

Spartacus

Banned
...What do ya do with some one like that ?

You realize that he is representative of about 90% of the population that will accept concealed carry with training and permitting but recoil in horror at the thought of unlicensed carry.

We are a bit inbred here, most of us having been around firearms for a considerable amount of time and having rubbed shoulders with each other for so long that we feel that it is "normal" to see it our way and "abnormal" to have reservations about other ways of perception.

I have and will continue to say that we didn't have enough time to prepare the hearts and minds of the people for unlicensed and unpermitted carry. If we had another couple of years maybe, but it all came at us too fast.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

as taken from a recent conversation with my father in law:

you dont need to carry a gun, your chances of needing it are as much as you winning the lottery.

I am paranoid of you carrying your gun around me.

only thing i could think of, but didnt say; he 'dad' let me hit that joint, must be realy good poop you got there!

so then i looked up paranoid, cause i'm stupid and only have a high school education. interesting definition, i recommend everyone look it up!

A possible reply is;
Hey dad, I see you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. Don't you realize the odds against your needed that is? Or you can ask him if he has home owners insurance? When was the last time he NEEDED that? Cliché sayings like "I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" can make sense once in a while too.

Problem is that too many people have been incorrectly educated, unless that is corrected you cant change it. People like that are the ones that would argue the world is flat, because they just don't know any better. Once in a great while you can open someones eyes, but mostly not. Even then you can't always make them see.

M

McX

A possible reply is;
Hey dad, I see you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. Don't you realize the odds against your needed that is? Or you can ask him if he has home owners insurance? When was the last time he NEEDED that? Cliché sayings like "I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" can make sense once in a while too.

Problem is that too many people have been incorrectly educated, unless that is corrected you cant change it. People like that are the ones that would argue the world is flat, because they just don't know any better. Once in a great while you can open someones eyes, but mostly not. Even then you can't always make them see.

i did indeed use the fire extinguisher idea/quote; he simply snuffled, touche'-d him on that one, he had no valid reply. he even tried to use the 'sister-in-law may become upset', and again snuffled when i had to tell him i already talked to her, and she supported me. poor guy was on the run through the entire conversation.