• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - When Santa brings guns for kids

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
ARRalphie_Steve.jpg

Wolfgang1952

I like it. Just wish more Dads were like that. At least mine was. On my sixth Christmas my Parents gave me a J.C. Higgins 22cal. Bolt action rifle. Man that was 52 years ago and I still have it. In 1919 for Dad made sixth birthday and Christmas his Uncle gave him a .22cal rifle. And that was a C.J Hamilton & Son, No27/22Cal., and it is in my gun cabinet.

001A.jpg

TrailRunner

Wasn't for Christmas, but my first firearm was a gift from my Dad when I was a kid.. An old Glenfield model 20, that he got when he was a kid. I've still got it too, and it still shoots nice and straight.

OldCurlyWolf

My first was a Springfield Model 67 Pump 12 Gauge shotgun for Christmas 1968. I got it a month early because Quail season began just before Thanksgiving.

:cool: