Thread: Remington's Response to CNBC Under Fire

Remington's Response to CNBC Under Fire

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Remington is the " American as apple pie" of firearm makers. They are not normally associated with what the public percieve to be "scary guns". They are primarily seen as a family friendly company of deer rifles and duck shotguns. This would put them way down on the anti's list..........wouldn't it?
    Not so much, Remington is the parent company of Bushmaster, DPMS arms, I believe they own part of Marlin as well, as numerous companies whose names escape me at the moment. This is all under the umbrella of a conglomerate called The Freedom Group. This naturally makes them a target for the anti's. If you can demonize the Howdy Doodie of firearm makers that will make the rest fall like dominos.
    Think about it, why else would they go to such lengths to intentionally falsify data, alter weapons and then never turn them in to Remington for inspection and repair?
    I personally own 5 Remington firearms, two of which are model 700 rifles. They are unaltered and properly maintained. I have handled firearms all my life and have never had a problem with a 700 or any other Remington product.
    Consider the "source" of this so called investigation.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    I work on guns for the army. We're not even authorized to do any repairs at the highest level of maintenance. If the operator finds a problem with his M24, it goes right back to Remmington. It's the same for any branch as far as I know. If you tamper with the fire control group, they will find out at the factory.

They're great guns, and the CNBC hit piece is typical of the marxist media.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

[snip] NBC Remington hitpiece[/snip]

Does NBC think we have no memory? Who would even think they have any sort of credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
    Who would even think they have any sort of credibility?
    Here's the story...

...of a man named Brady...

...whose wife ran his money-making company into the ground...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Here's the story...

...whose wife ran his money-making company into the ground...
    ... all of them were libs...

... just like obama...
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

......and the men act like girls.
    Last edited by NRAMARINE; 12-25-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NRAMARINE View Post
    Some of the females I know might find cause to take serious offense at that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I beg your pardon! I find that a bit insulting! You should remember that there are females on this forum who shoot and OC. Just describe them as the idiots they are; saying they act like girls makes it sound like us females are inferior to men. We both know that's not the case.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I beg your pardon! I find that a bit insulting! You should remember that there are females on this forum who shoot and OC. Just describe them as the idiots they are; saying they act like girls makes it sound like us females are inferior to men. We both know that's not the case.

With all due respect ma'am, men are not supposed to act like girls, anymore than women are supposed to act like boys, or for that matter girls. Boys and girls are children, and usually have certain characteristics that adults with children are happy to see them grow out of. The brady bunch "men" acting like screechy little girls being chased by a boy with a handful of worms is the analogy that's being made. No intention was being made to be insulting so far as I could tell.

My little girl is afraid of all sorts of things. Guns are not one of them.

Ok, keeping it going (with two minor edits for rhyme and scansion):

Here's the story...

...whose wife ran his company into the ground...

... All of them were libs...

... just like obama...

......the dumbest ones around!

The Brady Bunch...

The Brady Bunch...

And sorry, folks, I sort of mixed the first two paragraphs.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I did say girls, not women. If I need to explain the difference, this isn't the place for that. It was meant soley as a giggle, nothing more. The world "girls" was chosen due to an attempt to keep up the proper count of sylables and rhyme.

.....The youngest one in curls.
    .....and the men act like girls.

Get it? Next year ask santa for a sense of humor, or better yet have a drink,(assuming you are old enough) relax, and try not to look for slights and insults where none exist. Men should act like men and not girls. Women should act like women, not act like boys. ADULTS SHOULD KNOW THIS.
    Last edited by NRAMARINE; 12-26-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    My little girl is afraid of all sorts of things. Guns are not one of them.
    My little girl got her first rifle from Santa for Christmas. A pink Cricket.

Myth?

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

For the record, I OC for my protection. Not because I feel the need to make myself equal with the opposite sex. (If I was female, we all would "know that's not the case.")

Edit: I apologize if any of my previous comments offended anyone. I was only poking fun at antis that claim OCers have a "small man" complex. Since my previous comment was targeted towards a female, I thought it would be understood as a joke. I now realize that I should have added smileys or a few lols to make clear my intentions. I'm sorry if anyone thought I had made a personal attack.
    Last edited by Lethal Overdose; 12-26-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    With all due respect ma'am, men are not supposed to act like girls, anymore than women are supposed to act like boys, or for that matter girls. Boys and girls are children, and usually have certain characteristics that adults with children are happy to see them grow out of. The brady bunch "men" acting like screechy little girls being chased by a boy with a handful of worms is the analogy that's being made. No intention was being made to be insulting so far as I could tell.
    +1