• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remington's Response to CNBC Under Fire

NRAMARINE

Remington is the " American as apple pie" of firearm makers. They are not normally associated with what the public percieve to be "scary guns". They are primarily seen as a family friendly company of deer rifles and duck shotguns. This would put them way down on the anti's list..........wouldn't it?
Not so much, Remington is the parent company of Bushmaster, DPMS arms, I believe they own part of Marlin as well, as numerous companies whose names escape me at the moment. This is all under the umbrella of a conglomerate called The Freedom Group. This naturally makes them a target for the anti's. If you can demonize the Howdy Doodie of firearm makers that will make the rest fall like dominos.
Think about it, why else would they go to such lengths to intentionally falsify data, alter weapons and then never turn them in to Remington for inspection and repair?
I personally own 5 Remington firearms, two of which are model 700 rifles. They are unaltered and properly maintained. I have handled firearms all my life and have never had a problem with a 700 or any other Remington product.
Consider the "source" of this so called investigation.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I work on guns for the army. We're not even authorized to do any repairs at the highest level of maintenance. If the operator finds a problem with his M24, it goes right back to Remmington. It's the same for any branch as far as I know. If you tamper with the fire control group, they will find out at the factory.

They're great guns, and the CNBC hit piece is typical of the marxist media.

Phssthpok

[snip] NBC Remington hitpiece[/snip]

main.php

Does NBC think we have no memory? Who would even think they have any sort of credibility?

Ruby

......and the men act like girls.

I beg your pardon!:mad: I find that a bit insulting! You should remember that there are females on this forum who shoot and OC. Just describe them as the idiots they are; saying they act like girls makes it sound like us females are inferior to men. We both know that's not the case.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I beg your pardon!:mad: I find that a bit insulting! You should remember that there are females on this forum who shoot and OC. Just describe them as the idiots they are; saying they act like girls makes it sound like us females are inferior to men. We both know that's not the case.

With all due respect ma'am, men are not supposed to act like girls, anymore than women are supposed to act like boys, or for that matter girls. Boys and girls are children, and usually have certain characteristics that adults with children are happy to see them grow out of. The brady bunch "men" acting like screechy little girls being chased by a boy with a handful of worms is the analogy that's being made. No intention was being made to be insulting so far as I could tell.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Ok, keeping it going (with two minor edits for rhyme and scansion):

Here's the story...

...of a man named Brady...

...whose wife ran his company into the ground...

... All of them were libs...

... just like obama...

......the dumbest ones around!

The Brady Bunch...

The Brady Bunch...

And sorry, folks, I sort of mixed the first two paragraphs.

NRAMARINE

I did say girls, not women. If I need to explain the difference, this isn't the place for that. It was meant soley as a giggle, nothing more. The world "girls" was chosen due to an attempt to keep up the proper count of sylables and rhyme.

.....The youngest one in curls.
.....and the men act like girls.

Get it? Next year ask santa for a sense of humor, or better yet have a drink,(assuming you are old enough) relax, and try not to look for slights and insults where none exist. Men should act like men and not girls. Women should act like women, not act like boys. ADULTS SHOULD KNOW THIS.

Last edited:

Lethal Overdose

Myth?

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

For the record, I OC for my protection. Not because I feel the need to make myself equal with the opposite sex. (If I was female, we all would "know that's not the case.")

Edit: I apologize if any of my previous comments offended anyone. I was only poking fun at antis that claim OCers have a "small man" complex. Since my previous comment was targeted towards a female, I thought it would be understood as a joke. I now realize that I should have added smileys or a few lols to make clear my intentions. I'm sorry if anyone thought I had made a personal attack.

Last edited:

eye95

With all due respect ma'am, men are not supposed to act like girls, anymore than women are supposed to act like boys, or for that matter girls. Boys and girls are children, and usually have certain characteristics that adults with children are happy to see them grow out of. The brady bunch "men" acting like screechy little girls being chased by a boy with a handful of worms is the analogy that's being made. No intention was being made to be insulting so far as I could tell.

+1