Thread: New Member

Hello everyone, Been lurking for a couple of days, like the things I've been reading and now I hunger for more information. Hope to learn and maybe contribute some. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to OCDO and the NC section!

welcome if you have any questions feel free to ask

Thanks for the welcome, I have a sister and brother that live in Mooresville.

Tons of great information already posted, and many many members who are willing and able to offer advice and help.

Try to make it to a meetup sometime soon!

Welcome!
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Welcome to OCDO, and particularly to the North Carolina section. We have a lot of REALLY knowledgeable people here, and we'll do our best to answer any questions you may have.

NC firearms laws can be a little squirrelly, so if you need anything cleared up, please feel free to ask.

And come to a "meet up". We are fun-loving folks, and we know where all the good restaurants are...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Welcome!!

bgreene89

Welcome

Welcome to the forum nice to have you! Have any questions feel free to ask.

Blake

Going to apply for my purchase permit today. Anyone know about how long it takes? This is in Asheville.

It was about a week in Wake Co. That was 8 years ago
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

My last one (Davidson Co.) took a week, but I did get one in Randolph Co. once right after the Brady crap ended, took about 30 min...

I was rather shocked after living in Guilford and it ALWAYS taking at least a week.

Well, went down today, the girl said it would be 7 to 10 days. She will call me when its ready. That is if they don't turn me down. I did have to anwser yes to one question about pleading guilty to a crime but that was in 1975. Got busted for 4 joints, sometimes I wonder why I did the things I did back then. I don't know if they even check back that far. Anyway that was a LONG time ago. I also signed up for the concealed weapon course on Jan 6. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time but life just always got in the way.

I would also like to attend a meet and greet sometime if there's one close by. (I love to eat good food)

Welcome

Happy OC-ing
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice