• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mark McGuire

Hello everyone, Been lurking for a couple of days, like the things I've been reading and now I hunger for more information. Hope to learn and maybe contribute some. Thanks for having me.

Smith45acp

Tons of great information already posted, and many many members who are willing and able to offer advice and help.

Try to make it to a meetup sometime soon!

Welcome!

Dreamer

Welcome to OCDO, and particularly to the North Carolina section. We have a lot of REALLY knowledgeable people here, and we'll do our best to answer any questions you may have.

NC firearms laws can be a little squirrelly, so if you need anything cleared up, please feel free to ask.

And come to a "meet up". We are fun-loving folks, and we know where all the good restaurants are... ;)

B

bgreene89

Welcome

Welcome to the forum nice to have you! Have any questions feel free to ask.

Blake

moonie

My last one (Davidson Co.) took a week, but I did get one in Randolph Co. once right after the Brady crap ended, took about 30 min...

I was rather shocked after living in Guilford and it ALWAYS taking at least a week.

Mark McGuire

Well, went down today, the girl said it would be 7 to 10 days. She will call me when its ready. That is if they don't turn me down. I did have to anwser yes to one question about pleading guilty to a crime but that was in 1975. Got busted for 4 joints, sometimes I wonder why I did the things I did back then. I don't know if they even check back that far. Anyway that was a LONG time ago. I also signed up for the concealed weapon course on Jan 6. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time but life just always got in the way.

I would also like to attend a meet and greet sometime if there's one close by. (I love to eat good food:lol:)